• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pain and Gain and Now You See Me problems

Meu22

I have read the other thread https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?57927-Movie-Now-You-See-Me and tried the suggestions, but I still cannot copy either of these DVD's.

I had the newest version of AnyDVD installed then read the thread and installed the beta version suggested. I still cannot copy either of these so I am attempting to post a logfile to see if anyone can help me figure this out. Hopefully, I have done the upload correctly. LOL

Thanks for any assistance.

Logfile:

View attachment AnyDVD_7.3.1.6_Info_D_PAIN_AND_GAIN.ziplog

no you don't have the latest version (or beta), the latest version is release 7320. Please try that one first, if it still doesn't work provide a logfile with that version.

Drive region is properly set, protection is correctly removed. There's no read errors in the log either.

PxHlpa64 (System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys), Version: 3.0.90.2 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp64
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for 64-bit Windows
FileVersion: 3.00.90.2

You do however have a "problematic" filter driver on your system, but nowadays it shouldn't cause a problem. However to be on the safe side you can uninstall it with IMGBurn via tools > filter driver order. Select PxHlpa64 and click remove. Note: do NOT remove the file from the system itself. Any application that relies on that filter may stop working correctly.

So your problem is 1 of the following cases:

1) protection incorrectly removed (despite what the status window sais) <= unlikely
2) Playable but non-rippable dirty/scratched/defective disc and/or drive <= more likely

James will have to give a final verdict on this but i'm leaning for option 2.

I will try and see if I can remove what you posted. I am a novice so hopefully I will be able to do it right.

Also, I should have mentioned both DVD's are new. No scratches or anything.

Thanks again.

It says that it failed to read file "D:\"

I have tried burning it with DVD Shrink. I have never had a problem before using AnyDVD & DVD Shrink together. This is the first time I have ever had any problems.

Thanks so much.

It says that it failed to read file "D:\"

I have tried burning it with DVD Shrink. I have never had a problem before using AnyDVD & DVD Shrink together. This is the first time I have ever had any problems.

Thanks so much.

DVD Shrink is your problem. Its old and hasn't been updated in years.

DVD has structural copy protection on it which dvdshrink doesnt like

You will need to rip to your hard drive first, using the "Rip video DVD to hard drive" option in anydvd, then point dvdshrink to the folder on your hard drive.

Or use CloneDVD

Last edited:
Seems to have worked...

I was having the same problem with the same movie. I haven't used DVDShrink in years, but had tried to use AnyDVD to make an ISO, which I then burned, but it wouldn't work.. I tried using Nero Recode (version 9, so a little old), and it failed before it started, saying there was copy protection. I didn't have much hope, but I just tried CloneDVD, and it seems to have worked just fine. I haven't burned a DVD yet, but the complete copy (.iso) I made is at least playing in VLC, which is more than I can say for any other copy attempt..

Thanks!! Slysoft stuff is the best, and with it, I can be lazy and leave my DVDs in the cases where they belong, while having my own little version of "Netflix" with my various network video players!!

-Steve

DVD Shrink is your problem. Its old and hasn't been updated in years.

DVD has structural copy protection on it which dvdshrink doesnt like

You will need to rip to your hard drive first, using the "Rip video DVD to hard drive" option in anydvd, then point dvdshrink to the folder on your hard drive.

Or use CloneDVD

Pain & Gain

I also tried to back up P & G with AnyDVD version 7.3.2.0 and it would not copy.....however i ALWAYS maintain an older version of AnyDVD on another computer (past experience taught me to do so).
AnyDVD version 7.2.1.0 performed flawlessly. Sometimes the trailing edge of the leading edge is the way to go

Last edited:
I also tried to back up P & G with AnyDVD version 7.3.2.0 and it would not copy.....however i ALWAYS maintain an older version of AnyDVD on another computer (past experience taught me to do so).
AnyDVD version 7.2.1.0 performed flawlessly. Sometimes the trailing edge of the leading edge is the way to go

I believe this is just a coincidence. AnyDVD version 7.3.2.0 should work just fine.

same problem

pain and gain will not copy. It creates empty log files and crashes slysoft. Running the latest version. So I cannot create a log by the way so I cannot upload the zip. Please look into this.

tried again... bluray light flashes says cannot read disk.

AnydvdHD loads crashes loads crashes loads......... the disk cannot be read in windows my computer.. nothing. The new star trek works fine, oblivion works fine, and world war z works fine. Looks like a new protection maybe to detect that slysoft is running? By the way I took the disk and placed it into my standalone bluray player from sony and it works fine. I would upload a log but it can t even read the disk even though slysoft says waiting on status screen, then crashes then loads then crashes. 7.3.2.1 lastest beta im using. I tried uninstalling slysoft to see if my windvd 11 would pick it up and nothing. Im going to go back to the store and swap disks and try a different one. Ill post my findings later on.....

AnydvdHD loads crashes loads crashes loads......... the disk cannot be read in windows my computer.. nothing. The new star trek works fine, oblivion works fine, and world war z works fine. Looks like a new protection maybe to detect that slysoft is running? By the way I took the disk and placed it into my standalone bluray player from sony and it works fine. I would upload a log but it can t even read the disk even though slysoft says waiting on status screen, then crashes then loads then crashes. 7.3.2.1 lastest beta im using. I tried uninstalling slysoft to see if my windvd 11 would pick it up and nothing. Im going to go back to the store and swap disks and try a different one. Ill post my findings later on.....

Your problem doesn't seem to be like the OP would you post a log file of a empty drive then? I have 7.3.2.0 and it load star trek fine after it scans it. I have R1 and it works fine as they have stated it worked for other and other didn't work so that couldn't be a new new protection if the other half got it to work.

Back