• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

P90X 12 DVD Set - every dvd fails to convert

vgehts

I have the P90X Extreme Home Fitness 12 DVD set and cannot convert these with Clone DVD Mobile. These discs play fine in both of my DVD players, and AnyDVD does not seem to detect any kind of copy protection (see attached AnyDVD logfile). However, when I try to convert the main title in Clone DVD Mobile (I first tried iPhone AVC and when that didn't work tried Generic MPEG-2 Re-Encode) each disc errors out at a specific % (the percentage is different for each DVD). When I didn't have any luck going straight from the DVD, I used Clone DVD to create a new iso image. I noticed when I used Clone DVD, that when it reached the same % complete where it would error out in Clone DVD Mobile, that a window popped up that said "Trying to repair defective DVD structure". That window popped up when I had the original DVD in the drive. I tried a couple other DVDs and the same thing happened (just at different percentages but always the same for a given disc). What I'm trying to say is that whatever percentage complete Clone DVD Mobile would error out on is the same percentage complete that Clone DVD would pop up a window that said "Trying to repair defective DVD structure".

While the "trying to repair.." window was up it would show a status bar and when it reached 100% it would close on it's own and then the Clone DVD process would start over at the beginning. Then once it was at 100% it would say that everything was successful.

So now with a new iso, I tried to use Clone DVD Mobile and it still errors out at the same percentage. I have attached the transcode log from Clone DVD Mobile as well.

Thank you,
Richard

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.2_Info_F___.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
  • P90X_ERR02.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
More information showing the problem.

I put one of the original DVDs into my regular DVD player and went to the spot on the DVD where Clone DVD says there is a structural problem and where Clone DVD Mobile errors out and noticed that there is something strange in the video stream. It would appear that the maker of the DVD is intentionally adding garbage and that garbage appears for a split second such that the casual user wouldn't notice it on the scream, but it causes a problem with software trying to interpret it. Anyway, I've attached a 10 second vidoe clip of me slow motioning through the sequence as it played on my tv. I don't know if this helps or not, but just want to make sure that I gave as much info as I could to help solve this problem. Thanks.

If it were me, I would try to use AnyDvd to rip one of your dvd's to the hard drive - NOT the iso rip - then take those files from the rip, and import them into Clone Dvd Mobile. If AnyDvd can't rip it, then I don't think you will be able to convert anything. Just my thoughts. :)

If it were me, I would try to use AnyDvd to rip one of your dvd's to the hard drive - NOT the iso rip - then take those files from the rip, and import them into Clone Dvd Mobile. If AnyDvd can't rip it, then I don't think you will be able to convert anything. Just my thoughts. :)

I did this with mine...worked fine. Now I have P90X on the go

I did this with mine...worked fine. Now I have P90X on the go

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I tried the suggestion of using AnyDVD to rip the video DVD to hard disk and noticed the same thing that I experieced before. It gets to the spot in the DVD where there is something strange in the DVD's structure that it says that it has to repair the dvd structure. Then after it does that it starts over with the ripping and completes without any error. But then when I go into Clone DVD Mobile, it throws up an encoding error. I have attached a screen shot of the error I am getting.

So the bottom line is that I can rip with AnyDVD, I just can't get Clone DVD Mobile (ver 1.7.0.0) to ignore the error. :bang:

*update *

As a last result I went ahead and removed ver 1.7.0.0 and downloaded and installed 1.2.0.1. This version was able to convert that video. So that's the good news. If there is a need for me to test a newer version of Clone DVD Mobile with these goofy P90X DVDs, just let me know and I can do another test. In the meantime, I'll keep using the older version so I can get through converting these DVDs.

Thanks,
Richard

Attachments

• CloneDVDMobile_Error1.JPG
    CloneDVDMobile_Error1.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I have the p90x extreme home fitness. I am using any dvd with dvd shrink and I haven't had a problem.

I've attached a 10 second vidoe clip
That blockiness is very similar to what happens on Freeview TV (UK) when the signal is interrupted.
Is the audio affected when the picture does that?

RE: video: After watching that clip, might get the DVD's myself :D

Back