• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Override automatic frame rate detection?

andy o

James, I have a file that incorrectly reports 29.97 to ReClock, when it should be 24. I can of course override this manually, but I noticed that the setting doesn't stick in the frame rate database unless I disable automatic detection, which works fine for the other 98% of files. Is there a setting I can change to prefer the manual setting that should be in the database, perhaps in the registry?

Might be better to see what the problem is with that file's detection. If it's just a single file, it might be worth remuxing the file and see if that fixes the info.

No, remuxing doesn't fix it unfortunately, already tried that. I ran across another video like this a while ago. LAV Splitter also detects the wrong frame rate and reports it wrongly to madVR so it messes up auto refresh rate. Haali reports it correctly though. So it's probably the file, but I can't fix it quickly for ReClock. For madVR/LAV, I can just override auto refresh by adding "24p" to the file's name.

Are you sure it is actually 24fps material, and not 24fps stretched or telecined (without properly being flagged as such) to 29.97? MPEG streams have a flag, per segment, of whether it is VIDEO or FILM (29.97fps or telecined 24fps). The decoder will output 24fps if it is flagged properly as film, or 29.97 if it is not (regardless of what the actual content IS). I used to ahve a lot of problems years ago with early ATSC broadcasts improperly flagging the streams (they'd actually fluctuate between FILM and VIDEO flags), causing all kinds of havoc with ReClock. Thankfully, the broadcasters have gotten this straightened out int he last few years.

Still, it might be worth bringing it into something like VirtualDub, and framestepping through it to see what the actual content is, and if it IS flagged wrong, fix it there and reencode.

Yeah, it was reencoded and IVTC'd from 29i into 24p. MediaInfo has 2 fields for refresh rate, one that just says "refresh rate" and it's 24, which is the correct one, and another one that says "original frame rate" and that's 29.97 which is what's apparently being read.

Can VirtualDub open mkv? In any case, playing at 24 is smooth, while at 29 it's visibly stuttery.

Yeah, it was reencoded and IVTC'd from 29i into 24p. MediaInfo has 2 fields for refresh rate, one that just says "refresh rate" and it's 24, which is the correct one, and another one that says "original frame rate" and that's 29.97 which is what's apparently being read.

Can VirtualDub open mkv? In any case, playing at 24 is smooth, while at 29 it's visibly stuttery.

Try to disable DShow estimator. Is it now detected correctly?

I already tried that, it's not detected. I get the red clock, but manual override works then. But the problem is that then auto detection doesn't work for other videos either (built-in estimator is still checked).

Would you need a log or some other info? I didn't upload one cause I just wanted to know if there's a way to override manually the auto setting, for individual files.

Last edited:
The same problem here with 60fps video. Would be nice if there would be some way to set and fix frequency without autodetect to 60fps.

Back