• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ORDERING NOW.need dual layer thoughts...

Squeeker The Cat

so im finally out of my old DVD+R DL discs. they were memorex discs that i mainly used to make kids movie backups for the long car rides. anyway i need new discs finally, and would like to order today. im still new to a lot of this as webslinger will attest to, since he answers most of my stupid questions.

i usually order from newegg, but am open to suggestions. i need some good quality dual layer dvd's please. surface don't matter, as i only write movie names on them.

thanks guys!! im happily awaiting your links........my finger is in a clicking mood!! :D

DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (preferably not India, but you may not have a choice) and MAM-A 8x
DVD-R DLs = none (useless format)

Do NOT use Memorex for anything.

DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (preferably not India, but you may not have a choice) and MAM-A 8x
DVD-R DLs = none (useless format)

Do NOT use Memorex for anything.

i know memorex sucks............where do u usually purchase from?

whats the best speed to stay with? newegg has 2.4x 6x 8x 10x

crap!!! do you have an easy way to find out what burner i have? LOL its a liteon 20x burner but dont know the exact model #......im trying to search their site now....

crap!!! do you have an easy way to find out what burner i have? LOL its a liteon 20x burner but dont know the exact model #......im trying to search their site now....

Sure. Just check Anydvd's status window for your drive letter.

"No Disc is present in Drive E:!
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S223F SB03 "

That tells me I'm using a Samsung (TSSTCORP) SH-S223F with firmware version SB03.

You may see something like this:

"ATAPI DVD DDH16D3P 1P53 2008/03/10 11:15"

That's a Lite-on DH-16D3P using firmware version 1P53.
That firmware may be outdated because 1P53N exists (a newer version).

Last edited:
The media code for Verbatim +R DL rated 2.4x to 6x

By the way, dual = -R DL = useless

double = +R DL = what you should use

thanks for that...........i do alyways use +R DL's but i did not know that they were reffered to as double layer. i thought dl was dual layer no matter which thanks i learned something new

thanks for that...........i do alyways use +R DL's but i did not know that they were reffered to as double layer. i thought dl was dual layer no matter which thanks i learned something new

And now you know more than most people who sell me blank media.

Back