• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Oppenheimer (2023) UHD problems

ShoutingMan

I can't get AnyDVD HD to produce a good ISO from Oppenheimer. I replaced my LG drive with a Pioneer drive. It now reads the entire disc and creates a complete ISO. But CLoneBD and MakeMKV can't demux the ISO.

CloneBD gives the error "Could not generate hash"

MakeMKV gives these errors, and then will create a partial MKV file, about 30GB in size vs the 87 GB of the full movie.

Code:
DEBUG: Code 0 at I`'uY_)e?*r*|T>}5t:213139759
DEBUG: Code 0 at 5K7Nm\)Udr<gmDo:29394183
DEBUG: Code 0 at Wt()O{LF%nD&pQ6sk]?!:213132353
DEBUG: Code 0 at Wt()O{LF%nD&pQ6sk]?!:121264257
DEBUG: Code 0 at Wt()O{LF%nD&pQ6sk]?!:29397035

I've run the AnyDVD Scanner and updated my KeyDB. Scanner reports it as a supported disc.
Code:
2024-03-29 19:19:02.787 -04:00 [INF] Scanning Mode: Disc
2024-03-29 19:19:05.694 -04:00 [INF] Drive ready True
2024-03-29 19:19:14.780 -04:00 [INF] MediaType: UHD
2024-03-29 19:19:14.836 -04:00 [INF] [Title]: Oppenheimer|[OPD]: BD_a9421f929ba4|[TI]: 0098B2646D5BDC6AAD3F15380CDCEC4D4D23A609|[Source]: Disc|[Status]: [Supported not on List]

I can read rip the disc with MakeMKV (not using AnyDVD HD at all) so I know it's not the drive or the disc but AnyDVD that's having problems.

Is there something I'm missing to get AnyDVD HD to work with Oppenheimer (and any other such newer discs)? Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.7.0.0_Info_D_OPPENHEIMER_DB37A218_921F42A9.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I can't get AnyDVD HD to produce a good ISO from Oppenheimer. I replaced my LG drive with a Pioneer drive. It now reads the entire disc and creates a complete ISO. But CLoneBD and MakeMKV can't demux the ISO.

CloneBD gives the error "Could not generate hash"

MakeMKV gives these errors, and then will create a partial MKV file, about 30GB in size vs the 87 GB of the full movie.

Code:
DEBUG: Code 0 at I`'uY_)e?*r*|T>}5t:213139759
DEBUG: Code 0 at 5K7Nm\)Udr<gmDo:29394183
DEBUG: Code 0 at Wt()O{LF%nD&pQ6sk]?!:213132353
DEBUG: Code 0 at Wt()O{LF%nD&pQ6sk]?!:121264257
DEBUG: Code 0 at Wt()O{LF%nD&pQ6sk]?!:29397035

I've run the AnyDVD Scanner and updated my KeyDB. Scanner reports it as a supported disc.
Code:
2024-03-29 19:19:02.787 -04:00 [INF] Scanning Mode: Disc
2024-03-29 19:19:05.694 -04:00 [INF] Drive ready True
2024-03-29 19:19:14.780 -04:00 [INF] MediaType: UHD
2024-03-29 19:19:14.836 -04:00 [INF] [Title]: Oppenheimer|[OPD]: BD_a9421f929ba4|[TI]: 0098B2646D5BDC6AAD3F15380CDCEC4D4D23A609|[Source]: Disc|[Status]: [Supported not on List]

I can read rip the disc with MakeMKV (not using AnyDVD HD at all) so I know it's not the drive or the disc but AnyDVD that's having problems.

Is there something I'm missing to get AnyDVD HD to work with Oppenheimer (and any other such newer discs)? Thanks.
Have you tried to clean the disc with dish soap, warm and clean water, and a micro fiber cloth, carefully cleaning each part of the disc, and then tried to re-rip the disc?

Have you tried to clean the disc with dish soap, warm and clean water, and a micro fiber cloth, carefully cleaning each part of the disc, and then tried to re-rip the disc?
I can rip and demux the disc directly with MakeMKV, so it’s not a dirty disc.

My personal experience with other discs is that no matter if they seem to be fine, no matter if MakeMKV (or some other program) does not seem to have a problem, cleaning the disc often works magic. Other times I've had two new discs that look identical, and one is fine and the other does not always read.

I have no explanation, but it could be my drives, the disc pressing, variance in the manufacturing process, possibly storage differences, and so on and so forth.

Afraid only thing I can offer is what you already know -- that it looks as if the UHD is supported and AnyDVD has successfully decrypted it.

So, you're using the Iso as input to CloneBD and makeMKV, correct?

What did you use to create the Iso? The AnyDVD Ripper?

To give the complete picture, is this a protected or unprotected Iso?

Personally, to troubleshoot I would start at the source, the Disc.

A good test of the viability of the Disc is to mount and play it in a Media Player and spot check it, tabbing through each chapter of the movie to see if any won't start.

If those all look good, also check Video extras.

If anything has issues playing, may be a soiled Disc or perhaps a bad print.

If all good there, I would then do the same check with the Iso you made.

Any play issues there would explain the problem using the Iso in CloneBD, makeMKV.

If so, re-rip the Iso (and use the AnyDVD Ripper).

Then spot-check the new copy for clean play...

If all that pans out and still no CloneBD success, bigger issues are afoot that require a better brain than mine! ;)

(pasting a CloneBD logfile at that point would help those who can analyze them)

T

Last edited:
Explain exactly what you mean by this. If you're talking about being able to rip an mkv then you're not talking about the same thing. The only way this qualifies as being the same is if you're using the backup function. Otherwise, your statement doesn't qualify.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

@testiles, @James, @SamuriHL or someone with more expertise will have to help you out more.

I hope that it's something that I'm not aware of, and that you don't have to return your disc.

Best wishes to you.
The disc is fine.

It’s a replacement for a previous copy with a manufacturing error. This disc plays all the way through in a standalone 4K UHD player. The MakeMKV rip of the main feature plays all the way through too.

Afraid only thing I can offer is what you already know -- that it looks as if the UHD is supported and AnyDVD has successfully decrypted it.

So, you're using the Iso as input to CloneBD and makeMKV, correct?

What did you use to create the Iso? The AnyDVD Ripper?

To give the complete picture, is this a protected or unprotected Iso?

Personally, to troubleshoot I would start at the source, the Disc.

A good test of the viability of the Disc is to mount and play it in a Media Player and spot check it, tabbing through each chapter of the movie to see if any won't start.

If those all look good, also check Video extras.

If anything has issues playing, may be a soiled Disc or perhaps a bad print.

If all good there, I would then do the same check with the Iso you made.

Any play issues there would explain the problem using the Iso in CloneBD, makeMKV.

If so, re-rip the Iso (and use the AnyDVD Ripper).

Then spot-check the new copy for clean play...

If all that pans out and still no CloneBD success, bigger issues are afoot that require a better brain than mine! ;)

(pasting a CloneBD logfile at that point would help those who can analyze them)

T

The disc plays normally in a standalone disc player.
The movie ripped directly with makeMKV to an MKV plays normally. (For Oppenheimer, the 4K disc has only the main feature, which is a ~90 GB in size, no other special features.)
I don’t have any way to play the AnyDVD HD ISO (that I know of) so I can’t check it directly.

Ripping the ISO with AnyDVD HD and then trying to extract the main feature with MakeMKV results in a 30GB MKV (one third the size of the actual movie) which is unplayable.
CloneBD won’t even open the ISO, giving the “could not generate hash” error.

I’ve ripped with AnyDVD three times yesterday with this same result each time.

Explain exactly what you mean by this. If you're talking about being able to rip an mkv then you're not talking about the same thing. The only way this qualifies as being the same is if you're using the backup function. Otherwise, your statement doesn't qualify.

I don’t understand the distinction you’re making?

Using MakeMKV, I can extract the main feature as an MKV from the UHD disc, but not from the ISO produced by AnyDVD HD. CloneBD can’t read the ISO produced by AnyDVD either.

I don’t understand the distinction you’re making?

Using MakeMKV, I can extract the main feature as an MKV from the UHD disc, but not from the ISO produced by AnyDVD HD. CloneBD can’t read the ISO produced by AnyDVD either.
Yeah...I see that you don't understand the distinction and that's the problem. You're creating a false equivalency to suggest the "disc is fine" when in fact you have no real idea that's true and evidence to show exactly the opposite. Playing a disc on a player and/or ripping the main movie as an mkv is NOT the same as creating an ISO. The ISO reads every bit on the disc. Ripping an mkv or playing it does not. Your ISO is corrupt from read errors. Period. Clean the disc.

I cleaned the disc.

I’m trying to copy just the movie using CloneBD directly from the disc (without first making an ISO with AnyDVD HD).

If this works, I’ll try ripping to ISO again.

Last edited:
The disc is fine.

It’s a replacement for a previous copy with a manufacturing error. This disc plays all the way through in a standalone 4K UHD player. The MakeMKV rip of the main feature plays all the way through too.
@testiles and especially @SamuriHL politely explained to you what your options are. From what I do know about the difference between playing a disc and ripping a disc is this: You can play a disc all the way through and not be aware of errors, as a player will skip over the error(s) without the person watching the movie or tv show being aware of it.

Now, as far as ripping a disc, it has to be perfect, with no errors of any sort. If AnyDVD encounters a disc error in the process of ripping the disc, then AnyDVD will state that you have errors in the rip, as your log file will show.

For the record, I do own the Oppenheimer 4K UHD Blu-ray disc - I'm a Christopher Nolan fan -- and I ripped it without any errors 2 months ago and used CloneBD and MakeMKV to make an ISO and MKV without incident.

I would strongly urge you to please replace the disc.

Once again, good luck with your disc.

I cleaned the disc.

I’m trying to copy just the movie using CloneBD directly from the disc (without first making an ISO with AnyDVD HD).

If this works, I’ll try ripping to ISO again.
Successfully ripped the movie with CloneBD directly from the disc (with AnyDVD decrypting, but didn’t first make an ISO). I did a quick check with Emby and it plays fine in the beginning and plays fine around the hour mark where I’ve had problems before. So that appears to be successful.

I’m now trying again to rip to ISO.

@testiles and especially @SamuriHL politely explained to you what your options are. From what I do know about the difference between playing a disc and ripping a disc is this: You can play a disc all the way through and not be aware of errors, as a player will skip over the error(s) without the person watching the movie or tv show being aware of it.

Now, as far as ripping a disc, it has to be perfect, with no errors of any sort. If AnyDVD encounters a disc error in the process of ripping the disc, then AnyDVD will state that you have errors in the rip, as your log file will show.

For the record, I do own the Oppenheimer 4K UHD Blu-ray disc - I'm a Christopher Nolan fan -- and I ripped it without any errors 2 months ago and used CloneBD and MakeMKV to make an ISO and MKV without incident.

I would strongly urge you to please replace the disc.

Once again, good luck with your disc.
This is my third copy (second replacement) :) My original purchase (release date last November) had problems, and I got an exchange from Amazon.

The second copy I also couldn’t copy, but most likely due to my outdated LG drive. So I watched it on my disc player last month. It froze up at the hour mark (same place the previous disc also died during ripping). Too late to have Amazon send me another copy.

I contacted Universal and requested a replacement. (I think there was a manufacturing error in the first run of discs that affected some early buyers, including me.) A quick check on my disc player, jumping across the chapters and also the one hour mark where previous copies die, it is fine.

And with the new. Pioneer BR213 drive I was able to copy the movie with MakeMKV. Playing the beginning of all chapters works, so I think it’s ok. (It’s hard to actually test playback of a three hour movie…)

Likewise, I’ve now copied with CloneBD successfully, AFAICT.

AnyDVD rip to ISO failed again, after cleaning disc. 🤷‍♂️

But CloneBD appears to have ripped the movie per se with AnyDVD HD decrypting the disc, which is the key concern I had: making sure this new drive is working.

I don't know why, three discs and two drives later, Oppenheimer is such a problem for me with AnyDVD. I've not had this with any other 4K disc.

But thanks for everyone's help and tips. It probably is something with the physical disc and not my drive or computer. I'm pretty sure I got a good movie rip amidst all this (and the extras were on the BD, which was problem free). I'm not going to contact Universal to try and get a fourth disc. And hopefully new 4K discs aren't this problematic as a rule.

The movie ripped directly with makeMKV to an MKV plays normally.

Assume you mean directly from the Disc.

Ripping the ISO with AnyDVD HD and then trying to extract the main feature with MakeMKV results in a 30GB MKV... which is unplayable.

Would seem to be a problem with the Iso, not the Disc then.

Which is what you've been saying...

I don't think it makes any difference but I'm curious, is this a protected Iso or an unprotected one?

CloneBD won’t even open the ISO, giving the “could not generate hash” error.

Ugh.

So probably no useful CloneBD logfile would be generated then...

I don’t have any way to play the AnyDVD HD ISO (that I know of) so I can’t check it directly.

Install Virtual CloneDrive if you haven't already...

https://www.redfox.bz/download.html (Freeware section)

Double-click the Iso to mount it in a Virtual Drive.

Play the movie from the Virtual Drive as you would from any other.

I’ve ripped with AnyDVD three times yesterday with this same result each time.

For complete clarity, please confirm you mean with AnyDVD's "Rip to Image" option here.

Successfully ripped the movie with CloneBD directly from the disc (with AnyDVD decrypting, but didn’t first make an ISO).

Re-confirms there's an Iso not a Disc issue, I would think.

CloneBD appears to have ripped the movie per se with AnyDVD HD decrypting the disc

So, at least you have what you were trying to create in the end.

Good deal!

Enjoy!

T

Assume you mean directly from the Disc.
Yes. MakeMKV ripping the main feature directly from disc works.

Would seem to be a problem with the Iso, not the Disc then.

Which is what you've been saying...

I don't think it makes any difference but I'm curious, is this a protected Iso or an unprotected one?
Rip to unprotected and reduced size ISO.

For complete clarity, please confirm you mean with AnyDVD's "Rip to Image" option here.

Re-confirms there's an Iso not a Disc issue, I would think.
Yes. I always use AnyDVD to rip to ISO, unprotected, with reduced size enabled.

My preferred “workflow” is to rip to ISO with AnyDVD. Then open in CloneBD to confirm the main title track #. Use CloneBD to demux extras from the ISO. Then use MakeMKV to demux the main title, confirming the track number selection from CloneBD if necessary. (CloneBD does something to some HD and 4K titles that make them incompatible with Emby, so I don’t rip main features with CloneBD anymore.)

So, at least you have what you were trying to create in the end.

Good deal!

Enjoy!

T

Thanks. :)

Back