• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Old Game-Diggles:Myth of Fenris

Gorg

I love Game Jackal. It usually always works. But this one old game I have, which uses an old protection "ProtectCD-VOB" stumps it.

Apparently, it uses bad sectors on the CD and disk checks for it's protection. Every time I try to make a profile, it don't work and asks for the CD.

I am using the latest version 4.1.1.5. I set it to "Automatic" for profile creation, and leave any other options at their default, and after loading the game and quitting, it seems to fly through the creation of the profile in a few seconds.

It makes me laugh, because here's Game Jackal, able to tackle pretty much everything I can throw at it for my newer games, and they work fine. But this old protection throws it for a loop.

Any ideas on this? I'm sure I'm missing something to make it create it properly.

First try creating the profile with image mode enabled.

That cp is not specifically handled, so it can be difficult to create a working profile. Re the old protections, you are right to a degree, the old protections can be a bit tricky. But if you look at how the industry has evolved, the simpler protection have generally won out. For example, up until around 2005, Safedisc was king (this is the simplest of them all), then slowly Securom took over the lead (this was a lot to do with EA as they went for Safedisc to Securm). The "robust" protections like Tages and most notably Starforce just didn't do as well (although in Europe Tages is used a lot). Why?? my guess is that simpler mean less support issues.

Thanks for replying Matthew.

I did what you suggested, and that didn't work. Instead of just plain not working, I get a pop up "Disk verification error".

Unless you have any other ideas, I think I'll just have to live with needing the CD for this game.

As you can see, my collection is a little big. And it's the kind of collection that makes Game Jackal a no-brainer purchase when I bought Lifetime a few years ago. It really is a Godsend.

aMaUhl.jpg

27G26l.jpg

Excuse the mess :)

Back