• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NWN2 - new problems

cybmole

I posted some moths ago e problems with this on one particular PC ( this one). I was only able to get GJ to work for NWN2 using an old version 3013. all later versions failed in that I was prompted for original disc. After lots of testing I gave up & have now completed playing NWN2 + MOB using that old version.

So I figured I'd now do more testing.
First off I patched the game to it's latest 1.22+ game still worked ok with the old GJ. so far so good.
So then I backed up the profile library, in case I need to revert back to old version, then installed 3.2.0.6 & rebooted. old profile now did not work - deleted it - made a new profile - that does not work either!

GJ has created an analysis file for me to send to customer services but I can't see what folder it has placed it in & can't find it! whan/if I do, then do I post that here as an attachment, or mail to to someone directly ?

also, the reliability wizrad now shows a red warning + says no reference data for this profile - click here to create some, but when I do click - nothing happens!(see attached picture)

I'll await feedback, in the meantime I'll see if I can profile witcher EE with 3.2.0.6, as that was my other reason for upgrading GJ on this PC.

PS all the PC specs & answers to the usual questions are in my original thread on this problem. in brief: core DUo , standard Dell DVD ROm, XP Pro Sp3, no strange filters - can profile NWN2, but not witcher EE, if I revert to 3013.

Attachments

• 4a1f9dc5.jpg
    4a1f9dc5.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 4
  • profile log.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 3
update - I found the file for customer services in the C: root directory - attaching it now - not a valid file type - Ill have to zip it first.... done.

trying to profile witcher EE - the analysis is taking a long time ( using tages game profile as there is not a preset for the EE version) update - the witcher analysis just goes on forever & never completes. it hangs with a few seconds left, than after a few minutes it revises it's estimate to 3 more minutes needed, then 6 more minutes, then 9....

& now the procedure for reverting to a previous version of Gj has also failed! I asked how to do this a few months back in another thread & Malcolm said that all I needed to do was keep a copy of profile library, re-install the old GJ, reinstall that profile library while GJ was not running, then all shoudl be as before.

So I did all that ( installed 3013 ovewr 3206 ) , but NWN2 now fails with insert disc.... using the version & the matching program library that was working a few hours ago.

I guess I'll now have to reprofile it again with that GJ 3013 version & see what happens next!......

.update 2. 3013 hangs midway though profiling now. had to kill it with task manager I guess I should have done a clean uninstall of 3206 + a reboot first... oh well I'm giving up until a newer/better version of GJ and/or a clean uninstall utility is released.

I have wiped my GJ installation with revo uninstaller - still have my key & varous versions o fhte installer if I want to try again but for now I'll go complete fallout 3 on my xbox360 instead.

Attachments

• AnalysisLog.zip
    256 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Strange

3.2.0.9 works for me

it's a problem with this specific Dell Pc - I have 2 other dell PCs, one XP one Vista & I was able to get later versions of the 3.1... series to work on both of them, but nothing beyond 3.0.1.3. would work on this one, for NWN2 anyway - & this is the one that I like using for games :-(

maybe the customer services file that I attenched earlier in the thread will indicate something to the devs.

as I said earler I did wait until I'd finished the game before messing with the upgrades, so it's no great loss, unless I ever want to play another expansion.

I posted some moths ago e problems with this on one particular PC ( this one). I was only able to get GJ to work for NWN2 using an old version 3013. all later versions failed in that I was prompted for original disc. After lots of testing I gave up & have now completed playing NWN2 + MOB using that old version.

So I figured I'd now do more testing.
First off I patched the game to it's latest 1.22+ game still worked ok with the old GJ. so far so good.
So then I backed up the profile library, in case I need to revert back to old version, then installed 3.2.0.6 & rebooted. old profile now did not work - deleted it - made a new profile - that does not work either!

GJ has created an analysis file for me to send to customer services but I can't see what folder it has placed it in & can't find it! whan/if I do, then do I post that here as an attachment, or mail to to someone directly ?

also, the reliability wizrad now shows a red warning + says no reference data for this profile - click here to create some, but when I do click - nothing happens!(see attached picture)

I'll await feedback, in the meantime I'll see if I can profile witcher EE with 3.2.0.6, as that was my other reason for upgrading GJ on this PC.

PS all the PC specs & answers to the usual questions are in my original thread on this problem. in brief: core DUo , standard Dell DVD ROm, XP Pro Sp3, no strange filters - can profile NWN2, but not witcher EE, if I revert to 3013.

The "No Reference Data" message (as displayed in the screen shot) is a problem. This could be because the drivers have not installed correctly. Are you able to export the logs for this?

The "No Reference Data" message (as displayed in the screen shot) is a problem. This could be because the drivers have not installed correctly. Are you able to export the logs for this?

Matthew - the sequence that seemed to cause the no reference data problem is.
1> create & test profile, & have it fail.
2. run the analysis option that creates the file to send to customer services. 3. run the profile wizard.

it seems that step 2 is deleting reference data.

when I deleted the profile & did only steps 1 & 3 I did not get the red no data warning.

I did post some zipped logs but I can't send you any more logs as I have now deleted everything as I was nothign worked after
1. installing 3.2.0.6 over 3.0.1.3
2. then installing 3.0.1.3. back over 3.2.0.6

was step 2 a mistake - i.e. should I have uninstalled & rebooted first ?

Matthew - the sequence that seemed to cause the no reference data problem is.
1> create & test profile, & have it fail.
2. run the analysis option that creates the file to send to customer services. 3. run the profile wizard.

it seems that step 2 is deleting reference data.

when I deleted the profile & did only steps 1 & 3 I did not get the red no data warning.

I did post some zipped logs but I can't send you any more logs as I have now deleted everything as I was nothign worked after
1. installing 3.2.0.6 over 3.0.1.3
2. then installing 3.0.1.3. back over 3.2.0.6

was step 2 a mistake - i.e. should I have uninstalled & rebooted first ?

Ok first up... what is this analysis option? The analysis file you sent in your second post is a file I have not seen before.

Ok first up... what is this analysis option? The analysis file you sent in your second post is a file I have not seen before.

well it's an option in your latest full release GJ program v3.2.0.6 so you should know!!

I don't have it currently installed so can't give you a screenshot but after the profile failed to work there were 3 options presented, & the leftmost button is an option to examine the user's PC create an analysis file - after selecting that option a message box appears givving the file name & location & says contact slysoft customer services for further instructions.
one of the other options was the profile reliabily wizard & I forget what the third choice was.

well it's an option in your latest full release GJ program v3.2.0.6 so you should know!!

I don't have it currently installed so can't give you a screenshot but after the profile failed to work there were 3 options presented, & the leftmost button is an option to examine the user's PC create an analysis file - after selecting that option a message box appears givving the file name & location & says contact slysoft customer services for further instructions.
one of the other options was the profile reliabily wizard & I forget what the third choice was.

Hmmm... still not sure. A screen shot would be great.

Hmmm... still not sure. A screen shot would be great.

in order to make a screen shot I'd have to reinstall then recreate the failed profile problem which would take considerable time.

I assure you that that file was created while GJ v3.2.0.6 was running... BUT.. it has just occured to me that maybe that dialog box & file creatiion came from the NWN2 game disc i.e. that it was an option on the game's "insert correct disc retry- ignore screen" which appears after the profile has failed, & not in GJ after all - that could explan why you did not recognise the file ?

Last edited:
in order to make a screen shot I'd have to reinstall then recreate the failed profile problem which would take considerable time.

I assure you that that file was created while GJ v3.2.0.6 was running... BUT.. it has just occured to me that maybe that dialog box & file creatiion came from the NWN2 game disc i.e. that it was an option on the game's "insert correct disc retry- ignore screen" which appears after the profile has failed, & not in GJ after all - that could explan why you did not recognise the file ?

That makes more sense. Now back to your issue.
Just to clarify... do you have a working version of GJ? If so would it be possible to create a new profile with image mode enabled. This will help determine if this is a missing sector issue.

That makes more sense. Now back to your issue.
Just to clarify... do you have a working version of GJ? If so would it be possible to create a new profile with image mode enabled. This will help determine if this is a missing sector issue.

yes I have several versions of the installer from 3013 up to 3206 , none installed on this PC at present - so at some point I'll try a clean re-install of latest version & see how that goes. I'll maybe wait for your next full release though.

on this PC the only version that worked with NWN2 was 3013. on my other PCs I tested 3115 beta ( I think) & that was fine, but would not work on this PC using the same game DVDs. I also have a orofile library copy for the 3013 version so in theory I should be able to reinstate that version, so long as all newer components have been removed.

but before doing any more testing on here ( either with a new, latest version or with a reinstall of 3013) how do ensure that all previous traces are gone & all other drivers have been completely uninstalled ?

Last edited:
Back