• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVIDIA's 177.66 driver: Finally colorspace selection!

Rathbone80

In this brand new driver there is now an option in the advanced color settings tab with which you can choose betwen 16-235 or 0-255 colorspace. Full range 0-255 gives me an awesome better picture in PowerDVD 8. Check it out!

Sweet. I'm downloading it now and will check it out later.

I have been waiting for that to happen, I will play with them on my "fun" system as my main workstation must be callibrated and that change will mess with it I would think.

Ah, so this is why I was constantly having to *#$& with gamma and brightness settings. I can't believe it took them this long to properly support video playback.

I have driver 7.15.11.6743 on my Sony VAIO AR49G, which I installed in November last year thanks to Microsoft Update (Sony VAIO support sites still have some older drivers). And this one has NVIDIA Control Panel, where if I go "Video and Television" -> "Select digital colour format", I can choose between RBG and YCbCr444. This setting only affects the signal going through HDMI interface though. I set it to "RBG", as when I set to "YCbCr", the picture looks darker with less details visible on my Samsung HDTV. Even though I read somewhere that "YCbCr" should generally be preferred over "RBG". So, I have two questions related to this: is this setting the same thing this thread is about, and second: is choosing RGB over YCbCr OK?

In this brand new driver there is now an option in the advanced color settings tab with which you can choose betwen 16-235 or 0-255 colorspace. Full range 0-255 gives me an awesome better picture in PowerDVD 8. Check it out!
is there any other adjustments when you change to 0-255,such as gamma,tint etc or does 0-255 take care of all this?:clap:

is there any other adjustments when you change to 0-255,such as gamma,tint etc or does 0-255 take care of all this?:clap:

You can still change gamma, colors etc. like before in the video tab.

Installed NVIDIA's 177.66 driver last night. Found that this driver does not allow you to change video settings in PDVD 8.0 and 7.3 3104a. I like to adjust the brightness setting for each Blu Ray & HD DVD movie that I watch. I have (9) stored video profile settings in PDVD 8.0 and 7.3. Found that mostly all my High Definition movies require a brightness adjustment for each disc other than the default settings for best playback on my 60" Sony TV. The 177.66 driver doesnt allow any of my stored settings to work. You can select and choose each one, but changing from one profile to another does not change any of the video settings at all. I"m using a 8600 GT XXX card and my previous Nvidia driver I liked best was 163.71, most later releases dont work well with my card. Went back to the 163.71 drivers and now my stored video profiles work properly again. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
BTW In the Nvidia control panel under video settings you can choose to let your software player control video setting or use nvidia settings. I selected each option and it had no effect on my problem.

Last edited:
Odd, I was never able to disable video acceleration in PDVD 8, and the brightness settings never worked...

Odd, I was never able to disable video acceleration in PDVD 8, and the brightness settings never worked...

I could never uncheck the hardware acelleration option in PDVD 8, but could always adjust video settings and create custom ones in PDVD 8 while watching a BD from a ripped file. Will test actual disc later tonight. Just open PDVD 8 any make sure the box is checked for "use color profile" under Video Enhancement. The new 177.66 drivers would allow me to select and change profiles, but these changes didnt adjust the picture in any way. It forces you to use the Nvideo Control panel to make any video adjustments. The old 163.71 drivers allow full video adustment via PDVD 8 on the fly watching BD movies.

After I installed 177.66 PDVD 8 and 7 keep giving me the 'driver incompatible' error and won't play anything. Anybody else running into this?

Installed NVIDIA's 177.66 driver last night. Found that this driver does not allow you to change video settings in PDVD 8.0 and 7.3 3104a. I like to adjust the brightness setting for each Blu Ray & HD DVD movie that I watch. I have (9) stored video profile settings in PDVD 8.0 and 7.3. Found that mostly all my High Definition movies require a brightness adjustment for each disc other than the default settings for best playback on my 60" Sony TV. The 177.66 driver doesnt allow any of my stored settings to work. You can select and choose each one, but changing from one profile to another does not change any of the video settings at all. I"m using a 8600 GT XXX card and my previous Nvidia driver I liked best was 163.71, most later releases dont work well with my card. Went back to the 163.71 drivers and now my stored video profiles work properly again. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
BTW In the Nvidia control panel under video settings you can choose to let your software player control video setting or use nvidia settings. I selected each option and it had no effect on my problem.
Not that prob but my resolution has gone haywire,my tv and projector has streached so much that i cant see half the shortcuts or the toolbar,the blu-ray playback is crap,leading me to the conclusion that the setting of any 1080p tv isent setting right,changing the res bar dosent make any difference.i rolled back and everything is ok again.:(

I've installed this driver, but cannot see any real difference... at least on my cheapish Samsung monitor. Is this maybe supposed to work only for analog video out?

I've installed this driver, but cannot see any real difference... at least on my cheapish Samsung monitor. Is this maybe supposed to work only for analog video out?

Definitely not. I can see a difference on my LCD.

What did you set it to? It should be 0-255 for monitors.

Still need to try this myself. Haven't had a chance yet. Tomorrow for sure.

What did you set it to? It should be 0-255 for monitors.

Sorry - you guys are right, there is indeed a noticable difference. I don't understand why I didn't see it few days ago. Perhaps I was too tired after work... :(

Yes, I've set it to 0-255.

Back