• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nvidia GTX 460 supports HD bitstreaming

andy o

AVS thread on this.
This is the first Nvidia card in years I'm interested in, but they have a very poor record of HDMI audio support. I don't know if they've fixed yet the 7.1 back/side surrounds swap, guess I'll have to try. I'm probably getting a 768 MB card, but I would have to return it if it still have the dumb bugs previous 7.1 LCPM cards had. And, TMT3 at least also needs to support it, who knows when that'll come.

I've been meaning to get a more powerful card than the 5770 too for Dirt 2, and this can fit the bill pretty nicely. Let's see what kind of shenanigans with levels this card brings, too.

Looks like it bitstreams in ffdshow according to one user on the AVS thread. VERY nice indeed. Nice to see nVidia finally catch up on the HTPC front.

Seems GF104 (and presumably GF106 and 108 ) are a hit. I was disappointed that Fermi was such a power hog when it first came out and this pleasantly surprised me. I've always liked Nvidia more for the graphics/video part, seems to have less bugs than ATI, but their HDMI audio has always been pretty weak.

The way I see it, I don't really need bitstreaming with TMT3 that much, since even now with the 5770 I'm not using it in favor of using ReClock. TMT3 from what I can tell has pretty much perfect decoding of blu-ray formats at least, and that's all I use it for. Even DTS-ES 6.1 discrete and Dolby Digital EX get decoded into 7.1 nicely.

And as long as it lets ReClock change channels automatically with DirectSound, I don't think I'll be too worried about WASAPI exclusive support either. Even if I was worried about the Windows mixer resampling (which I've never been convinced that it's that bad), ReClock can do it now. There's nothing for the mixer to muck up.

Yup. My audio situation in the bedroom may be changing soon, so, I may be looking to upgrade my video card. Might have to give nVidia a shot depending on how well it does. I'd like bitstreaming in all players, personally. Just because. I suspect TMT will get updated for it eventually.

Back