• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NTSC movies stutter every few mintues, looking for solution

Tsjengetol

Hello,

I have the following set-up:
Panasonic TX-42ASM651 attached to Shuttle XH61V with HDMI
This Shuttle barebone contains a Intel i3-2100 with Intel HD Graphics 2000 and 4GB RAM.

GPU.PNG

OS is a fresh install of Windows 8.1 with latest updates and latest drivers for everything.
I installed MPC-HC 32-bit version 1.7.8 with ReClock 1.8.8.4. The only adjustments I made within MPC-HC and ReClock are settings to enable WASAPI Exclusive.
For the rest no additional software is installed to ensure a stable as possible system for smooth HD playback. No weird processes are running either.

When I play an 23.976 fps movie I set the refresh rate to 24.000 Hz and let ReClock resample the audio so media is played back at 24.000 fps (see screenshot below)

i3-2100%20intel%20hd2000.PNG

When I take a look at the graph /statistics (CTRL+J) then everything looks nice. It also shows that framedrops shouldn’t be the issue.

iokqjt.png

Still every 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 minutes I get a slight stutter which is really annoying for me. I can't exactly measure the time intervals, because it depends on the type of scene which is playing to notice this ofcourse. I get this behaviour with all kinds of NTSC movies. I mostly watch Blu-ray like screenshot.

Before this setup I also used MPC-HC with ReClock on another PC (which crashed, so that's why I replaced it) and never had issues..

CPU usage during playback is around 12% and the screenshot below shows that the GPU also doesn’t have a hard time handling it all.

gpu%20load.PNG

Does anyone have some advice on how to solve this?
Thanks in advance !!

Last edited:
Back