• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not working after windows 11 update

Kevin Rudy

anydvd.png I get this error now after upgrading to Windows 11, I uninstalled anydvd and reinstalled. After the next power up this happens again.

Does it show up in Explorer? If not, what can you see in Device Manager?

Yes Malwarebytes which was installed on Windows 10 and no issues with anydvd at that time.

I might have fixed it using revo uninstaller to clean up leftovers from anydvd and reinstalled it. I will find out after a few reboots

It started doing it again and now won't work, might have to roll back to Windows 10.

It started doing it again and now won't work, might have to roll back to Windows 10.
When you mentioned needing to "roll back," could you clarify whether this was after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 or if the Windows 11 installation was done on a clean slate?

Additionally, to ensure that Windows 11 is functioning correctly, executing some diagnostic commands within an elevated Command Prompt might be beneficial.
Here's a brief overview and the steps to follow:

1. System File Checker (SFC):
    • Command: sfc /scannow
    • Purpose: This utility scans for and attempts to repair corrupted or missing system files. Simply enter the command and allow the process to complete. If it finds and fixes any issues, it's a good practice to run the scan again to ensure all errors are addressed.
  2. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM):
    • Initial Check:
      • Command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      • Purpose: This initiates a quick check to see if any corruptions have been detected within the Windows image. It's a preliminary step that doesn't perform repairs but indicates if further analysis is needed.
    • Detailed Scan:
      • Command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      • Purpose: A more thorough scan than the previous step. This command checks for corruption without fixing it. It's useful for a deeper understanding of the system's integrity status.
    • Repair:
      • Command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      • Purpose: This command attempts to repair any detected issues using Windows Update as the source for required files. It's the corrective step following the diagnostics provided by the earlier commands.
Could you run these commands and let us know the outcomes?

I upgraded from Windows 10 pro, also I did run SFC I can upgrade the log of anydvd if you think it will help.

When you mentioned needing to "roll back," could you clarify whether this was after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 or if the Windows 11 installation was done on a clean slate?

Additionally, to ensure that Windows 11 is functioning correctly, executing some diagnostic commands within an elevated Command Prompt might be beneficial.
Here's a brief overview and the steps to follow:

1. System File Checker (SFC):
    • Command: sfc /scannow
    • Purpose: This utility scans for and attempts to repair corrupted or missing system files. Simply enter the command and allow the process to complete. If it finds and fixes any issues, it's a good practice to run the scan again to ensure all errors are addressed.
  2. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM):
    • Initial Check:
      • Command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      • Purpose: This initiates a quick check to see if any corruptions have been detected within the Windows image. It's a preliminary step that doesn't perform repairs but indicates if further analysis is needed.
    • Detailed Scan:
      • Command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      • Purpose: A more thorough scan than the previous step. This command checks for corruption without fixing it. It's useful for a deeper understanding of the system's integrity status.
    • Repair:
      • Command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      • Purpose: This command attempts to repair any detected issues using Windows Update as the source for required files. It's the corrective step following the diagnostics provided by the earlier commands.
Could you run these commands and let us know the outcomes?
I ran sfc already and it found and fixed corrupted files I did it again to make sure everything was fixed. I will try the other stuff next.

I upgraded from Windows 10 pro, also I did run SFC I can upgrade the log of anydvd if you think it will help.
After upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11, it's not uncommon for issues to arise; sometimes, they may even appear after some time. Although the AnyDVD log could provide some insights, analyzing it is not within my area of expertise. Therefore, someone with specialized knowledge in that area would be better suited to derive more value from it.

I ran sfc already and it found and fixed corrupted files I did it again to make sure everything was fixed. I will try the other stuff next.

It's good to hear that running sfc /scannow has identified and fixed corrupted files. As for the additional diagnostic measures, please be aware that they can be time-consuming, depending on your system's configuration and current state. It's important to allocate sufficient time for these processes to complete fully.

After upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11, it's not uncommon for issues to arise; sometimes, they may even appear after some time. Although the AnyDVD log could provide some insights, analyzing it is not within my area of expertise. Therefore, someone with specialized knowledge in that area would be better suited to derive more value from it.

It's good to hear that running sfc /scannow has identified and fixed corrupted files. As for the additional diagnostic measures, please be aware that they can be time-consuming, depending on your system's configuration and current state. It's important to allocate sufficient time for these processes to complete fully.
Still not working after all of those things

Still not working after all of those things
There are a few more things I can think about.

Run CHKDSK on Windows:​

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator:
    • Press Windows Key + X and select “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” or “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
  2. Type the CHKDSK Command:
    • Enter the following.

chkdsk C: /f /r /x

• Here's what the parameters mean:
      • /f tells CHKDSK to fix any found errors.
      • /r tells it to locate bad sectors and recover readable information.
      • /x forces the drive to dismount before the process starts (necessary for the C: drive).
  3. Schedule the Scan if Necessary:
    • Since CHKDSK cannot be run directly on the drive that Windows is currently running from (usually C:), it will ask if you want to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts. Type Y for yes.
  4. Restart Your Computer:
    • Restart your computer to allow CHKDSK to run. Be prepared; this can take considerable time, especially for larger drives.

Important Considerations:​

• Backup Important Data: Before runninit'sKDSK, it's wise to back up important data.
    While CHKDSK is general, there's always a risk when making changes to the disk.

• SSD: If you're using an SSD (Solid State Drive) instead of an HDD, running CHKDSK is less beneficial for finding hardware issues. SSDs don't have moving parts or bad sectors in the traditional sense.
    However, CHKDSK can still fix file system errors on SSDs.

Further Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Disable Anti-Malware Temporarily:
    Try temporarily disabling Malwarebytes and any other anti-virus or anti-malware software to see if AnyDVD functions correctly without their interference.

2. Create a New User Profile:
    User profile corruption can sometimes cause unusual software behaviour. Creating a new user profile and installing AnyDVD can help isolate the issue from your current user profile.

3. System Restore or Clean Install:
    As a last resort, consider rolling back to a system restore point before the issue started or performing a clean install of Windows 11, ensuring all data is backed up first.

There are a few more things I can think about.

Run CHKDSK on Windows:​

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator:
    • Press Windows Key + X and select “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” or “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
  2. Type the CHKDSK Command:
    • Enter the following.

chkdsk C: /f /r /x

• Here's what the parameters mean:
      • /f tells CHKDSK to fix any found errors.
      • /r tells it to locate bad sectors and recover readable information.
      • /x forces the drive to dismount before the process starts (necessary for the C: drive).
  3. Schedule the Scan if Necessary:
    • Since CHKDSK cannot be run directly on the drive that Windows is currently running from (usually C:), it will ask if you want to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts. Type Y for yes.
  4. Restart Your Computer:
    • Restart your computer to allow CHKDSK to run. Be prepared; this can take considerable time, especially for larger drives.

Important Considerations:​

• Backup Important Data: Before runninit'sKDSK, it's wise to back up important data.
    While CHKDSK is general, there's always a risk when making changes to the disk.

• SSD: If you're using an SSD (Solid State Drive) instead of an HDD, running CHKDSK is less beneficial for finding hardware issues. SSDs don't have moving parts or bad sectors in the traditional sense.
    However, CHKDSK can still fix file system errors on SSDs.

Further Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Disable Anti-Malware Temporarily:
    Try temporarily disabling Malwarebytes and any other anti-virus or anti-malware software to see if AnyDVD functions correctly without their interference.

2. Create a New User Profile:
    User profile corruption can sometimes cause unusual software behaviour. Creating a new user profile and installing AnyDVD can help isolate the issue from your current user profile.

3. System Restore or Clean Install:
    As a last resort, consider rolling back to a system restore point before the issue started or performing a clean install of Windows 11, ensuring all data is backed up first.
I guess I will have to try a fresh install or go back too windows 10 this is a bummer.

I guess I will have to try a fresh install or go back too windows 10 this is a bummer.
Upgrades of that nature are not something you would normally want to do unless you had to. They are not so much upgrades as a reinstall with trying to carry all your stuff over and this causes a very "dirty" install. I have seen that cause many many issues.

I personally suggest a clean install of Win11. It takes only a few mins for the actual install itself especially is you use Rufus. Use the Microsoft Media Creation tool but create an ISO. Then use that ISO with Rufus. It gives you options to bypass several nonsense options that make the install take just a few mins.

Reinstalling your programs and moving your files will take a little time but you will come away with a good install and it would take no more time than troubleshooting these things.

You current license for Windows will carry over no issue so you are good there as well.

Upgrades of that nature are not something you would normally want to do unless you had to. They are not so much upgrades as a reinstall with trying to carry all your stuff over and this causes a very "dirty" install. I have seen that cause many many issues.

I personally suggest a clean install of Win11. It takes only a few mins for the actual install itself especially is you use Rufus. Use the Microsoft Media Creation tool but create an ISO. Then use that ISO with Rufus. It gives you options to bypass several nonsense options that make the install take just a few mins.

Reinstalling your programs and moving your files will take a little time but you will come away with a good install and it would take no more time than troubleshooting these things.

You current license for Windows will carry over no issue so you are good there as well.
It's funny you said that I used Rufus to create ISO myself when I upgraded, because I didn't want Windows 11 to force me into an online account.

It's funny you said that I used Rufus to create ISO myself when I upgraded, because I didn't want Windows 11 to force me into an online account.

Rufus rocks! But it's just picking options already there. You can select other sign-in options and then "domain join" and you can make a local account.

I am just using makemkv for now I will reinstall soon once I get my backups done and then check thanks.

Back