• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NON blu ray movies

bearelk46

i'm having trouble copying all dvds (non blu ray) anydvdhd 8.0.1.0 every copy pops up says cinavia, what do i do, and where do you find log files

Anydvd on its own does not remove cinavia. For dvd's, currently only the cinavia software player fix is enabled. Cinavia affected dvd? You have a few options

- play them on a licensed hardware player pre-2012 (in case your hardware player is bluray capable)
- play them on the PC with anydvd's software fix enabled
- play them on a dvd only player.

Anydvd on its own does not remove cinavia. For dvd's, currently only the cinavia software player fix is enabled. Cinavia affected dvd? You have a few options

- play them on a licensed hardware player pre-2012 (in case your hardware player is bluray capable)
- play them on the PC with anydvd's software fix enabled
- play them on a dvd only player.
will anydvdhd ever remove cinavia

On its own? No, that's beyond it's design. For bluray, already possible with in combination with CloneBD. Removing cinavia requires audio processing, and that's not something anydvd can do.

I have been using anydvdhd for a long time along with clonedvd and never had a problem with cinavia until now. Standard dvd with cinavia worked fine in my sony bluray player until just recently. So will I now have to purchase a non bluray player for normal dvds?

Perhaps your player has received a firmware update. Not every DVD has cinavia, but those that do will trigger on a cinavia detecting players. As stated above there are a few options such as playback on PC with anydvd's software fix. However if you want to watch them on PC, either get a bluray model where the model license predates 2012, or get yourself a cheap DVD only player. Cinavia is not a part of the official DVD standard, as such DVD only players are not required to detect it.

Perhaps your player has received a firmware update. Not every DVD has cinavia, but those that do will trigger on a cinavia detecting players. As stated above there are a few options such as playback on PC with anydvd's software fix.
However if you want to watch them on PC, either get a bluray model where the model license predates 2012, or get yourself a cheap DVD only player.
Cinavia is not a part of the official DVD standard, as such DVD only players are not required to detect it.

Yes your Blu-Ray player was likely pushed a firmware update - including Cinavia detection.
Sony is the driving force behind evil DRMs like Cinavia.
He meant to say TV there in underlined part.
-W

Last edited:
I have been using anydvdhd for a long time along with clonedvd and never had a problem with cinavia until now. Standard dvd with cinavia worked fine in my sony bluray player until just recently. So will I now have to purchase a non bluray player for normal dvds?
Get an upconverting DVD player and you won't have a problem. Only run $40-$50 or so.

i'm having trouble copying all dvds (non blu ray) anydvdhd 8.0.1.0 every copy pops up says cinavia, what do i do, and where do you find log files
All I see here is no log and alot of grabbing for straws that no one can figure out??? To do log files look at the stickies at the top and follow those instructions.

All I see here is no log and alot of grabbing for straws that no one can figure out??? To do log files look at the stickies at the top and follow those instructions.

What?
Logfiles don't shed information on Cinavia.
-W

Back