• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Time To Die- Rip to iso fails (never starts ripping)

They said the beginning of covid. Which is 2 years. The integrations have been around longer than that.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

They said the beginning of covid. Which is 2 years.

Only thing I remember about Covid being mentioned was the last UHD BluRay444 ripped with AnyDVD was before Covid.

And he speculated that if makeMKV was required to rip, then that maybe that's why he installed it.

Ofc, it's never been required to rip and wasn't used by AnyDVD at all back then, but he was just guessing...

The integrations have been around longer than that.

Have they?

Ok.

I don't know if there were integrations before the one for UHD but that one doesn't seem like it happened long ago.

Time flies so I guess so. :confused:

T

Just keep anydvd loaded and then none of it matters. Protected, unprotected... they'll just work. No need for makemkv or anything else.

It doesn't matter until it does... like if a take a long flight and want to put a few isos on my macbook pro, or any other time I want to play an iso on a computer that doesn't have anydvd.

Then mount them with anydvd and look at the status.

Only thing I remember about Covid being mentioned was the last UHD BluRay444 ripped with AnyDVD was before Covid.

And he speculated that if makeMKV was required to rip, then that maybe that's why he installed it.

Ofc, it's never been required to rip and wasn't used by AnyDVD at all back then, but he was just guessing...

Have they?

Ok.

I don't know if there were integrations before the one for UHD but that one doesn't seem like it happened long ago.

Time flies so I guess so. :confused:

T

Yes a lot of it is speculative, trying to relate to things based on what I could remember during COViD, which wasn't a good time reference because time kind of lost all meaning then. I can say that I did avoid any physical contact with the outside world during COVID, so my contact until the last 10 months was limited to 'contactless' grocery shopping, a very few purchases from Amazon besides PPE, so I'm confident that MOST of the discs I ripped were done before COVID, with only a few recently. As for MakeMKV the only thing I can say for absolutely certain is when I downloaded MakeMKV (from the dates on the downloads. The 'why' part I can't say... after I found that 4k was rip-able, I spent a lot of time going to whatever sites had info on the subject, and the exact 'why' is lost now. Time kind of lost meaning for me during COVID, it's not my normal state.

Then mount them with anydvd and look at the status.

I know I can do that, but jRiver runs on the same computer and even if I close it, it opens up when it sees a disc put in a drive or mounted, and it's easy to disable and re-enable AnyDVD from the system try, if what I asked about earlier, if trying to play an iso in jRiver and it failed was a dependable way to see if an iso was protected or not.

Not necessarily...

"Protected" for an .iso just means that all the encryption of the original disc is still there (except bus encryption, that's removed).

So playing it requires AnyDVD to be active.

If AnyDVD is active and the original disc plays, the .iso will play as well.

For a Blu-Ray, the protected .iso should always play. Again with AnyDVD active.

For a UHD, it (and the original disc) will play as long as there is a key in the OPD (it's "supported").

"Unprotected" means all protections have been removed when the .iso was created.

Which means AnyDVD no longer need be active.

Its work has already been done and preserved in the unprotected .iso.

T
"Wouldn't mounting with VirtualCloneDrive and playing in jRiver with anyDVD (and MakeMKV, which I don't currently have installed) disabled/not loaded, accomplish the same end? Playback would fail if the iso was protected, wouldn't it?"

I think my poorly constructed sentence may be confusing. Let me try again:

Wouldn't mounting a protected iso with VirtualCloneDrive and trying to play it in jRiver fail if anyDVD (and MakeMKV, if installed) were disabled?

As for MakeMKV the only thing I can say for absolutely certain is when I downloaded MakeMKV (from the dates on the downloads).

Just out of curiousity, when was that?

Now sounds like it wasn't all that long ago...

Wouldn't mounting a protected iso with VirtualCloneDrive and trying to play it in jRiver fail if anyDVD (and MakeMKV, if installed) were disabled?

Sorry, I misread your question the first time. :=)

Um, not sure what you mean by disabling makeMKV, exactly.

JRiver will try to decrypt with makeMKV if AnyDVD is inactive and a protected .iso is mounted.

If it is unable to do that, then play will fail, yes.

I believe as long as makeMKV is installed JRiver will be able to use it - for instance, whether the UI is "open" or not doesn't come into play.

That's why I say not sure how you're disabling it -- but however, if it really is unusable then yeah in that instance the .iso won't play.

There's no app available to decrypt it.

But SamuriHL is absolutely right, the best way to check for .iso protection is to have AnyDVD active, mount the .iso, and look in the Status window.

If unprotected, AnyDVD will report "Media is not AACS protected", as seen below....

upload_2022-3-26_18-29-58.png

So, you'd need to check them on your Windows computer, before flying off with just your Mac - Lol!

T

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity, when was that?

Now sounds like it wasn't all that long ago...
"wasn't all that long ago" only if your reference point is the The Dawn of Mankind" MakeMKV v1.9.2 downloaded 5-30-2016

Sorry, I misread your question the first time. :=)
Truly my fault, when I re-read it I realized how easily it could be mis-construed

Um, not sure what you mean by disabling makeMKV, exactly.
I don't have it installed anyways, but asked in the theoretical sense; now it's clear that's not possible

JRiver will try to decrypt with makeMKV if AnyDVD is inactive and a protected .iso is mounted.
MakeMKV not installed but good to know since I am considering installing it

If it is unable to do that, then play will fail, yes.
Copy that

I believe as long as makeMKV is installed JRiver will be able to use it - for instance, whether the UI is "open" or not doesn't come into play.
Copy that

That's why I say not sure how you're disabling it -- but however, if it really is unusable then yeah in that instance the .iso won't play.

There's no app available to decrypt it.
Copy that

But SamuriHL is absolutely right, the best way to check for .iso protection is to have AnyDVD active, mount the .iso, and look in the Status window.
Just trying to avoid having jRiver pop open every time an iso is mounted, easiest solution is install AnyDVD on a machine that doesn't have jRiver on it. I never doubted SamuriHL provided the best solution, just was hoping there was one that was 'good enough' to avoid having to juggle things around.

If unprotected, AnyDVD will report "Media is not AACS protected", as seen below....

So, you'd need to check them on your Windows computer, before flying off with just your Mac - Lol!
I just want to have everything done at once so I don't have to think about it in the future.

T

Thanks for the illustrations!
(Click Above to Expand)

Last edited:
Incorrect on this part:

upload_2022-3-26_21-20-15.png

That is what they are talking about. See how it's NOT checked? It means JRiver will NOT make use of MakeMKV.

Incorrect on this part:

View attachment 64280

That is what they are talking about. See how it's NOT checked? It means JRiver will NOT make use of MakeMKV.

Okay! Time to get busy checking isos. I thank you all for bearing with my floundering attempts to understand the interactions of these 3 programs and types of encryption used on bluray and UHD discs. Much appreciation and thanks to all, especially the RedFox team.

"wasn't all that long ago" only if your reference point is the The Dawn of Mankind" MakeMKV v1.9.2 downloaded 5-30-2016"

Hehe, no, my reference point is the Big Bang 'cause that's around my first birthday. LOL!

Ok, yeah 2016 is a long time ago.

Coincidentally SlySoft folded in early 2016.

Maybe that was your incentive to download makeMKV.

"Cause I know a lot of people did then, me included...

"Just trying to avoid having jRiver pop open every time an iso is mounted, easiest solution is install AnyDVD on a machine that doesn't have jRiver on it. I never doubted SamuriHL provided the best solution, just was hoping there was one that was 'good enough' to avoid having to juggle things around."

Sounds like either a Windows AutoPlay or JRiver association may be causing the automatic pop-up.

So another option is to change that setting.

"I just want to have everything done at once so I don't have to think about it in the future."

I don't blame you. I use a different naming convention for unprotected .iso's in order to differentiate.

But if I didn't, sure would go through all mine and determine which is which, like you're planning to do.

You especially need to know which are compatible with your Mac, so understandable.

Thanks for the illustrations!

Yw!

Incorrect on this part:

View attachment 64280

... It means JRiver will NOT make use of MakeMKV.

I was referring to no way of "disabling" makeMKV, if JRiver integration is active, but fair point.

Although this technically is "JRiver integration" disabling not makeMKV disabling.

Regardless, @BluRay444 this is a good way for you to make sure JRiver doesn't use makeMKV to decrypt if you want...

... in "JRiver preferences", ensure nothing is checked on the" Integration" screen as shown in the above post.

Good catch, SamuriHL!

T

Last edited:
Back