• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No sound with Reclock. Wife threatening to leave me if I keep tinkering.

MusicLover

:bang::bang:

Hello all. I have combed through this forum, google, and other forums without success. Spent all week tinkering, and now my wife has given me an ultimatum. I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help me.

My system:
HTPC with Intel Core i3-4350 and ASUS P87 motherboard
GPU is ASUS GTX660
Main memory is 8GB DDR3-1866
OS is Windows 7 SP1
HTPC connected by HDMI to my Anthem D2V-3D Processor which connects to a Samsung UN75F8000 TV

I have MPC-HC installed with external filters according to these instructions:
http://garteal.hostoi.com/how-to-setup-media-player-classic-home-cinema/

External filters are in this order:
LAV Splitter
LAV Audio Decoder
LAV Video Decoder
XySubFilter

The Audio Renderer for MPC-HC is set for Reclock.
In Reclock, I have WASAPI exclusive set for PCM and Bitstream.
WASAPI Exclusive device used is the driver for my Anthem processor.
PCM Output format 24 bit int padded to 32

Whenever I play any movie, Reclock is green. But I get absolutely no sound. Any help is appreciated.

:bang::bang:

Hello all. I have combed through this forum, google, and other forums without success. Spent all week tinkering, and now my wife has given me an ultimatum. I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help me.

My system:
HTPC with Intel Core i3-4350 and ASUS P87 motherboard
GPU is ASUS GTX660
Main memory is 8GB DDR3-1866
OS is Windows 7 SP1
HTPC connected by HDMI to my Anthem D2V-3D Processor which connects to a Samsung UN75F8000 TV

I have MPC-HC installed with external filters according to these instructions:
http://garteal.hostoi.com/how-to-setup-media-player-classic-home-cinema/

External filters are in this order:
LAV Splitter
LAV Audio Decoder
LAV Video Decoder
XySubFilter

The Audio Renderer for MPC-HC is set for Reclock.
In Reclock, I have WASAPI exclusive set for PCM and Bitstream.
WASAPI Exclusive device used is the driver for my Anthem processor.
PCM Output format 24 bit int padded to 32

Whenever I play any movie, Reclock is green. But I get absolutely no sound. Any help is appreciated.

I use WaveOut for both and it works.

I figured out the problem - WASAPI Exclusive

I use WaveOut for both and it works.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I had an epiphany earlier today that helped me solve the problem :D I had JRiver running at the same time I was running MPC-HC. Because JRiver had specified my AV processor driver as the audio renderer, it had an exclusive lock on the audio buffer under WASAPI exclusive. That did not allow for MPC-HC (and the Reclock external filter) to communicate with the same audio driver, so the result was dead silence. Once I exited JRiver, everything worked great.

BTW, I had pretty bad lip sync delays using JRiver with its Videoclock feature engaged. That required roughly 380 ms of manually setting the audio delay to achieve reasonable lip sync. The lip sync problem disappeared under MPC-HC with LAV filters and Reclock. I am not sure why Videoclock could not maintain the proper sync, but I am sooooo happy with the Reclock setup right now.

Back