• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No DVD Drive detected

mattainc

When I boot up a "Any DVD 6.7.8.0" window comes up. Inside it reads:

WARNING!
No DVD Drive detected!
Possible reason:
1. - You don't have a DVD drive, buy one.
2. - You haven't rebooted your system after AnyDVD has been installed. Please restart your computer.
3. - Your external DVD drive is not powered on or is not properly connected.
4. There is a problem instialising the AnyDVD driver. If this is the case, try this:
Uninstall AnyDVD
Reboot.
Install AnyDVD.
Reboot.

This screen sound familiar?

I've not had any problems with AnyDVD which I use with 1Click DVD (which is updated to the newest version) ever.

no drives

I get the same message after download had to go back to old version Have windows 7 64 bit never had any problems befor and always download from slysoft

Well did any of you actually DO what the message said ? Reboot after the installation ?

Yes, I rebooted on my computer and the message remains the same each time I start my computer. It appears this is relative to the last revision. I have been monitoring the forum to see if a solution has been initiated. Apparently not. Several members have reported the problem. It doesn't seem to affect operation so perhaps everyone is living with it.....

Here's the fix

I had the same problem. It began when I installed the latest version of 1Click after I installed the latest version of Anydvd. This should be your fix. It was for me. First, be sure you have a back-up copy of Anydvd (latest version) for installation later. Then uninstall Anydvd. I am using 1Click as a burner. Uninstall 1Click (being sure you have a copy of the previous, i.e just prior to the newest version, for install later). Reboot. Then:

Start the Run Command Prompt
Type in "regedit" without the parrenthesis then click ok
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Then SYSTEM
Then CURRENT CONTROL SET
Then CONTROL
Then CLASS
Then find {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
The whole thing looks like this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Then delete the upper and lower filters....

RESTART YOUR COMPUTER THEN THERE YA GO!!!! HOPE THIS HELPS.

I did this then reinstalled the latest version of Anydvd and the previous version of 1Click. It works for me. After the fix, I tried reinstalling with the most recent version of 1Click and the dvd drive was once again unavailable. Did this fix, and installed the latest Anydvd and 1-version-old 1Click and I'm good.
If that doesn't help you, you might check this forum link, where this problem is discussed in length, i.e. dvd drive unavailable.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/171067-32-drive-drive-detected

I had a similar issue a while back and discovered another program loading at startup staking a claim on the DVD drive. You might run msconfig and check the startup tab to see if another program that uses the drive is loading at boot up.

You can be sure it's not a bug or there would be thousands of posts like this. I can force this issue by running the program that takes control of the optical drive and won't release it when closed. I just isolated it and prevent it from running at all. See below:

Attachments

• no_drive.JPG
    no_drive.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 10
I try this and it works for dvd drive but still don't work with anydvd is this a "bug" .

I highly doubt it if there was there be reports from many users already. I would stay it comes down to how the user configure their system and O/S and what programs they have installed and what is memory resident and taskbar resident programs that is the mostly likely the cause of the problem.

There was a problem with 1Click updates from Feb. 8th. That would be version 5.9.1.2 or 4.2.4.3. What I did was do a "system restore" back to when I downloaded the Feb. 8th updates, then updated 1Click to the latest version which is 5.9.1.4 or 4.2.4.5. Everything will work fine after that. :agree: I found this the best way to fix any and all issues related to the Feb 8th update. Check your "device manager" , you will probably see yellow exclamation marks next to your drives and as long as they are there you will have issues. The "system restore" fixes it all. I guarantee that is the problem you are having with AnyDVD.

It's not a bug in AnyDVD. :disagree:

Last edited:
Sorry you are right. I spoke before trying on my other pc. but i was still having a problem with drive disable in the status of anydvd. Then my Raid 5 finish rebuilding and restart my pc now everything is working "great"

Sorry you are right. I spoke before trying on my other pc. but i was still having a problem with drive disable in the status of anydvd. Then my Raid 5 finish rebuilding and restart my pc now everything is working "great"

If it happens again, just do the "system restore". :)

what is system restore I'm i overlooking something that is easy

I'm using XP and it's All programs>Accessories>System tools>System Restore. :)

If you have corrected the problem, don't worry about it.

Last edited:
I believe it's the same path to "system restore", then just just select "choose a different restore point". :)

just a little more info

I had the same problem. It began when I installed the latest version of 1Click after I installed the latest version of Anydvd. This should be your fix. It was for me. First, be sure you have a back-up copy of Anydvd (latest version) for installation later. Then uninstall Anydvd. I am using 1Click as a burner. Uninstall 1Click (being sure you have a copy of the previous, i.e just prior to the newest version, for install later). Reboot. Then:

See this also, please:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=46538

Back