• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no disk in drive anydvd 6.1.6.5

as anyone fixed this problem as trial is due to run out and i would like to try it before i buy it as it is pointless paying for something that will not work ????

Well, today I have been having the same problem with putting a disk into one of my drives (I have two internal burners and one usb external on this pc). I did a reboot and still the 2nd burner would not read any disks, so I did the bit of removing the cables in the back, powered down the pc. Then, when I powered back on, I uninstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD, then shut down again. Then I reconnected with the same results .. that burner wouldn't read. My other internal burner and external burner would read, but not this one. So, I yanked it out and put in another burner and yup, it works fine. I hooked up the yanked out burner to a usb hook up and put it on another pc ... same results ... the thing just won't read a disk at all. So, I can only conclude that it is perhaps coincidence that others have been having with the latest update of AnyDVD since my other two burners work fine. The thing here is is that the software end of Windows will read that defunct burner is present, but on the hardware end, it didn't display at all (right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/click + next to DVD/CD-ROM drives and see if the drive appears there). This is the third burner that has done this kind of thing and it seems to occur more often with the Lite-On 18A1P model.

So, first step in troubleshooting is to power off, disconnect the IDE cable and power cable on the back of the burner. Then, power back on. Uninstall AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Power off. Reconnect cables to burner. Power up again. Put a disk in the drive that wouldn't work and see if it will read. Turn off Internet modem, disable your Anti-virus, reinstall AnyDVD and CloneDVD (if you have it saved in a file, otherwise you'll have to get back online).

If it doesn't read, I suspect it is a faulty burner/reader. Or could be you need to replace the IDE cable. Or there could be something else amiss ... very likely hardware related.

Last edited:
my drive reads all disk's
when i install anydvd it will not
uninstall anydvd and it work's again
i would say that it is a prob with anydvd

my drive reads all disk's
when i install anydvd it will not
uninstall anydvd and it work's again
i would say that it is a prob with anydvd

What does the AnyDVD status window say, when you have a disc inserted? (Please cut& paste, thank you)

No Disc is present in Drive F:!
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-112L 1.15 07/03/05PIONEER

And I'll bet at the same time if he tries to "open" the disk in Windows Explorer it will ask him to insert a disk into drive F even though one is already in there.

you are correct trial as ended now so i can not check anymore thanx for the help

And I'll bet at the same time if he tries to "open" the disk in Windows Explorer it will ask him to insert a disk into drive F even though one is already in there.

you are correct trial as ended now so i can not check anymore thanx for the help

And once you uninstall AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 everything is back to normal.

I don't think even 6.1.6.4 had this problem, 6.1.6.1 certainly does not. No idea why this newest version does.

all working normal again now i have uninstalled anydvd wil just have to try a alternative software for now

Actually there is a work around for this issue. I was having the same issue and through trial and error found the work around.

NOTE: If you currently can not read DVD drives, restart your computer. Also make sure AnyDVD is not set to start with Windows.

1. Put the DVD in to the DVD drive BEFORE AnyDVD is started.
2. Wait for Windows to read the disk.
3. Start AnyDVD. AnyDVD will be able to access the DVD then.
4. Rip the DVD using AnyDVD Ripper. I do this with every disk because I use VobBlanker to remove previews and other things I don't want. Or use your own compression program.
5. When finished riping, EXIT AnyDVD BEFORE you eject the DVD. Make sure it shut down so the driver is unloaded.
6. Eject the DVD, insert another one.
7. Go to 1.

If your computer can't even read the disk after rebooting and before AnyDVD started (Like my lap top dose) then you may be sol. Good luck!

Same is happening to me!!!

Same is happening to me and with the same burner Pioneer 111d, it seems there is a problem with this version of Anydvd 6.1.6.5 and some kind of burners, doesn´t it?. This is annoying!!.

Try to look for a solution for the next version.:mad::(

No Disc is present in Drive D:!
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW SH-S182D SB03 0904

same problem for me.

same problem here

No Disc is present in Drive F:!
HP DVD WRITER 300N 3.20 04030300MY3YA9Q91N

same error as many others have, no hacks, used either, tried uninstall and used a more recent version, still no good.

I am glad that I am not the only one with the issues, it seems a bit sad that the Slysoft people aren't doing anything to address the issue that is most definetely at hand.
I have found that if I remove my dvd drive from the computer (through the device manager) and re-start, for some reason anydvd finds the drive...not sure if that will help anyone else, but it has worked for me for the last week or so on about 5 backups. :confused:

Karleen

I am glad that I am not the only one with the issues, it seems a bit sad that the Slysoft people aren't doing anything to address the issue that is most definetely at hand.
Who says that we aren't? ;)

Who says that we aren't? ;)

Thanks James,
I am glad that it is being looked at. :clap:
As I was searching for an answer, all I was able to find was posts saying that people (I assume ones that work with the programmers etc) are unable to duplicate the errors or problems, so my assumption was that the programmers were basically saying that the problem lies with each individual, but with so many having the issue, I can't see how the problem is on our end. I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that it is the software.
Thanks again for letting me know that it IS being taken as an issue...
Karleen

As I was searching for an answer, all I was able to find was posts saying that people (I assume ones that work with the programmers etc) are unable to duplicate the errors or problems
That's right, I still can't duplicate the problem. I can only guess what might cause the problem.

Roxio? Yeeeeccch

I have had nothing but trouble with roxio stuff and recommend Nero-7 to everyone. When I put in Nero-6 all the problems instantly went away and roxio went straight to the dumpster, box and all. Never again.

If you have Nero-6, be sure to put in the latest update version, it's free plus there's a utility they want you to use which will fully blow the older version.

what version nero and what utility
and as as soon as i can sort out a trial i will try the new anydvd version

Back