• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No CD Plugin no longer works with Steam games?

Salix74

I've been using the no cd plugin for GJ without an issue up until today. I purchased a few games off of Steam and when I try to create the no cd profile for them, I am told "the file you have chosen is not a valid Windows shortcut or executable"

For reference the shortcut I'm trying to create is for Civilization 4. The target location is:

D:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 8800

I'm not sure if of of the last GJ updates changed something but I had previously been able to create no cd shortcuts for my games on Steam without problem.

Currently running WinXP with SP3 and the most current version of Game Jackal. I did read the FAQ for posting problems and my issue doesn't seem like it would require the level of detail needed for problems creating an actual profile, but I would be happy to post more information if it is required.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I think I figured out a solution.

After looking at some of my other Steam no-cd profiles, I noticed that it was auto populating the fields of the profile with the right data.

By manually entering the data in the "Run" field:

D:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe

and then doing the same for the parameter field:

-applaunch 8800

It was able to create the no-cd profile without a problem.

I'm not sure what changed that allowed it to automatically figure that out, but everything seems to work fine now.

Back