• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nim's Island

runbob

I am using 6.4.5.9, PVD 3319a, from the hard drive, mine freezes at the FBI warning, will not skip using scenes. This is the first BD disk I have had a problem with. I have 2 different systems same thing. The disk plays fine.
What's up.

The severely outdated and old version of PowerDVD you're using?

It is the last that will play from hard drive, no choice.

Really? Cause I play mine from hard drive and I use the latest. What you MEANT to say it was the last version that played from FOLDERS.

Update PowerDVD7.

If you don't update your PowerDVD install to the latest version then you may have problems with other discs as well. This most certainly isn't Slysoft's responsibility to deal with.

It is the last that will play from hard drive, no choice.

you and everyone else that are still using older versions of powerdvd need to realize that the newer movies will not play on it. you have maybe two options.1)you can use TsMuxer to rip only the movie file and play from that folder but thats not even for sure. and 2) what most all other people do and that make an ISO image file of the movie update powerdvd and mount it with VCD. theres no other way around it

The only reason I have Slysoft is to play from a folder. I have more than one system, but only one so far with a BD player. I don't have a problem playing the movie from a disc. I do not have the time or ability to get complicated.
Sorry to bother you. The old version does the job I need it to do. I have a stand alone player for BD live etc.

Using my ISO method is no more complex than using a folder, though. You just use ImgBurn or CloneCD (for now...AnyDVD may give us ISO creation soon :cool:) and create an ISO from the disc either with or without AnyDVD enabled (depends on your preference), and then when you want to play it you mount it with Virtual CloneDrive which is free. That's it. Good to go. See my guides in my sig for more info.

The only reason I have Slysoft is to play from a folder. I have more than one system, but only one so far with a BD player. I don't have a problem playing the movie from a disc. I do not have the time or ability to get complicated.
Sorry to bother you. The old version does the job I need it to do. I have a stand alone player for BD live etc.

But like Bigrick said, Older versions of PowerDVD won't always play new films unless you remux the main video stream into a new file and then you lose all the menu structure etc. That's the only way round it other than updating to a newer version of PowerDVD. The older version no longer does the job you need it to do as it won't play new films from folder or ISO

if older versions were always the best way to go we would never update and we would for sure not use powerdvd 8 and the HDDVD hack but thats not the case with alot of movies i wish it was but its not

Sticking with 7.3.3319a has lost its feasibility. Yes, it used to be nice to have the ability to play from a folder but what is lacking by sticking with such an old version? What bug fixes are missing? What added support is missing? The digital signature on the 7.3.3319a installer is September 21st, 2007.

People can stick with an old version if they want but not all discs will properly play and that's not Slysoft's fault or responsibility to resolve.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, with a bit of practice, I learned the ISO method, I adjusted the read time to 5x and I learned how to turn my ripped discs to images, I upgraded PDVD and updated my firmware. Everything works great on my new system, but on my older Pent D 340 and ATI 3870 it stutters with Nims Island, not enough power, no big deal, just wasted money on a video card. I'm all set for a while.

Back