• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie Question: Virtual CloneDrive "Auto Start ISO disk"

admsupport

XP Sp2

Hi,

No sure how to ask this question, so here what I am looking for:

a) Make ISO image of Office, XP, Vista CD on my HD
c) Mount the ISO on my system anytime the OS/Office request the Original CD

I need them to auto-start in the same way the Original program CDs do.

Questions:

1. What application (free) can make auto Starting ISO (i.e. duplicate the CD with the auto-start script)? ImageBurn?
2. Can Virtual CloneDrive mount this type of ISO?

Thanks for any pointers, advice. ISO format is a starter for me.

you can answer both your questions yourself by installing virtualclonedrive and testing.... the answer to the second one is definately yes...

you can answer both your questions yourself by installing virtualclonedrive and testing.... the answer to the second one is definately yes...

Hi,

I wouldn't ask a question if I could answer it by myself.
Virtual CloneDrive is installed.
I can mount ISO image. But I still don't know if it will auto-play a ISO image with a autorun.inf file in it, because I have none yet.

I also asked what free soft could duplicate application software CDs, to make them auto-run ISO image? Virtual CloneDrive, at my knowledge, only mounts images.

More details much appreciated ;)

autorun.inf is handled by the os, not by the virtual drive program, so if the disk has an autorun.inf then it should work (provided that you have not disabled autorun)..

free software that can make the disk images - well, virtual clonedrive will, as will daemon tools and alcohol 52% (free version).. as for burning, if its just iso format then pretty much any burning software will do it.. including nero..

making a disk autorun requires it to have the autorun.inf file, if one isn't present you can make one and remaster the iso.. its not too hard, its just a process of adding the autorun.inf file into the file structure..

so, if the disk doesn't have an autorun.inf you'll need to remaster it (simple process of copying the files to a temp folder, puting in the autorun.inf and then making an iso from it.. easiest method for this would be to use nero and its virtual recorder to make the iso file..)...

virtualclonedrive will not magically turn an iso / image into an autorun one...

Hi,

I wouldn't ask a question if I could answer it by myself.
Virtual CloneDrive is installed.
I can mount ISO image. But I still don't know if it will auto-play a ISO image with a autorun.inf file in it, because I have none yet.
It will.

I also asked what free soft could duplicate application software CDs, to make them auto-run ISO image? Virtual CloneDrive, at my knowledge, only mounts images.
Free: ImgBurn. Saving my job: CloneCD.

Free: ImgBurn. Saving my job: CloneCD.

both won't magically 'transform' an iso with no autorun.inf into one that has, which is what he's asking :) the only way to do that is to remaster the iso

Hi and thanks to all of you (evlncrn8 and James) for your answers. That really put me on track.

I am now the happy owner of Power ISO (to create autorun image) and Alcohol 120% (.mdf/.mds), both offering their proprietary format often seen on the web, in addition of the ISO.

Last edited:
Back