• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Newbie Question about Batch Download / Queue

kuhila19th

I'm on AnyStream Plus, have had it for a couple of weeks now and so far so good I'm very pleased with the results.

I am of course naturally paranoid about using the software, and so am easing in to all of the features. For instance I started on 1x download speed while using the trial, and towards the end I upped it to Unlimited after reading a post on this forum, and touch wood I've had no problems so far.

Now in terms of downloading entire seasons, I'm currently doing the following. I manually download a single episode, which downloads much more quickly than the duration of the episode, and then I wait until the duration of the episode has elapsed before downloading anything else. So for example, if I want to download a 30 minute episode, it might download in 3 minutes, and then I wait a further 27 minutes before using the program to download again. And I tend to mix things up, so download episodes from different seasons in a given sequence. My fear here is that the provider will notice that I haven't finished "watching" the episode I downloaded before starting another episode.

I've noticed there is a feature to "Select All", as well as select individual episodes to add to the download queue. So my question is, how many people are using this, how does it work, and is it safe in your experience? By "How does it work?", I mean, does it just download everything in one giant batch, or does it wait say for a random amount of time between each download? My only fear at this time is that the provider might notice say if I downloaded an entire 20-episode season in under an hour and alarm bells will go off. (I have searched the forum thoroughly and couldn't find any discussion on this, hence the post, but if there are any, please post the link(s).) Thanks.

Everyone has their own way of doing things, , in my opinion, is no reason to be paranoid. The reason you won't find many threads about it is that the people that use AnyStream feel the same way I do. No bells will go off in my opinion. All you are going to get is our opinions, it has never happened to my knowledge that anyone has had an issue. No links. Do a search, if you can't find any there are none.

Many people use unlimited since the beginning and until now I heard no complaints. If you still fear getting banned, then just use 1x speed.

As for the batch, by pressing Select All you add the entire season the the queue. If it has 10 episodes, you will add all 10. If you then go to Season 2, you can add these 10 as well, ending up with 20 elements in the queue. You could even add two episodes and one movie, it doesn't matter, but if you get errors, then don't do it and just go Season by Season and movie by movie.

After adding something to the queue, AS will immediately begin to download the first item. To prevent that, I always press pause before adding anything.
And yes, it will then download the second episode without waiting. So just set it to 1x if you fear getting banned. Then it takes the same time as before, but by using the queue you don't have to do all episodes by hand anymore.

Just be aware that there can be issues with (forced) subs. When they are not present for the first episode, you cannot select them and it will therefore not download them in all subsequent episodes, even if you want them. I think the devs did something about it, but I haven't tested it yet and there is still no option to tell AS to always download all subs for a language.

Thanks both of you, this is actually very helpful.

So in that case, I'm curious to know, is anyone using the batch/queue with Unlimited?

One thing I noticed is that no matter how much I download, every day my entire quota of 500 is replenished, and it's very difficult for me to download more than say 10 hours worth of anything in any given day. The fact that there are so many tokens available (at least on AS Plus) would strongly suggest people are actually downloading Unlimited with batch/queue, and getting away with it. I've also noticed that AP allows you to download titles (there's a donwload icon next to each show at least), I think so you can play them in their app which removes the DRM. So when using AS you could, from Amazon's point of view, be downloading via their download mechanism, download many episodes in a row, and hopefully that won't look suspicious to them.

Thanks both of you, this is actually very helpful.

So in that case, I'm curious to know, is anyone using the batch/queue with Unlimited?

One thing I noticed is that no matter how much I download, every day my entire quota of 500 is replenished, and it's very difficult for me to download more than say 10 hours worth of anything in any given day. The fact that there are so many tokens available (at least on AS Plus) would strongly suggest people are actually downloading Unlimited with batch/queue, and getting away with it. I've also noticed that AP allows you to download titles (there's a donwload icon next to each show at least), I think so you can play them in their app which removes the DRM. So when using AS you could, from Amazon's point of view, be downloading via their download mechanism, download many episodes in a row, and hopefully that won't look suspicious to them.
Everyone to my knowledge.

Yes but be careful of the forced subtitles, it works only with Nfx and D+. I still add the episodes one by one in the queue with prime (I use the queue but not the "download all" button).

If you download from 2 different providers you can also set the maximum download number to 1 and then you will download alternatively from the queue of the provider 1 and the queue of the provider 2.

@BCloud, thanks a lot for your advice. I had no idea that adding to the queue and downloading all were two different things, that's very handy to know as before I was just manually downloading everything one item at a time. And duly noted re: Forced Subtitles, I haven't hit this problem yet but I'm aware of it now.

I tend to fill each of my 4 subscriptions with multiple files each, and I set the speed to 2x (I don't have a choice as I have very slow internet speed). The point is that each service downloads something every 4th time... so to my providers it looks like I'm downloading something every hour or two (just in case).

Back