• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie needs advice re: recording HD content from cable/satellite

js2008

Greetings all,

I am in the process of picking out a new Dell desktop system and want to be able to record HD content from cable/satellite and play to both my monitor and my Sony 52" LCD. I would also like to output the recorded HD content to either or both DVD or Blu-Ray for archival purposes.

If I understand it correctly, the ATI WonderCard 650 supports a Cable Card (TM) which permits one to record the protected content from premium channels one has purchased to the system drive and send it to a monitor through a copy-protection enabled video card.

My question(s):

Will AnyDVD HD allow me to eliminate the copy protection and avoid the need for the copy-protection compliant video card?

Will AnyDVD HD allow my to eliminate the copy protection and output the content to DVD and/or BD?

Will an emulator such as Daemon Tools be needed?

Any assistance will be appreciated. TIA.

Jim

Back