• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie- Cannot run Dual Screen when playing BluRay

RC51TofuMan

Hello,
I am a newbie to this forum therefore bare with me. I have Dual Screen (setup) on my computer.

Main Screen- Samsung Syncmaster 2494 - DVI hookup
Secondary Screen- Panasonic VT25 series 25 inch Plasma- HDMI Hookup

Video Card-Diamond All-in-Wonder HD

Cyberlink Power DVD 10 ULTRA-

Problem- I cannot run Dual Screen when I play BluRay disc. If I play a BluRay disc on the Secondary Screen the Main Screen "Blacks out". Same thing in reverse (when playing on Main screen the Secondary (blacks out).

***This Only happens when i play BluRay Disc. When i play a Regular DVD both screens are operational.

Is there a setting that I have to change when I play BluRay Disc or is this something that is NORMAL?

Thanks,

Ty:bang:

I merged your threads. Do not double-post the same question in both forums. Your deleting the merged post and then posting again in the AnyDVD forum was unnecessary.

The issue here isn't an AnyDVD HD one and there isn't a setting in AnyDVD HD to resolve it. It's either a hardware or software player issue.

Sorry about that...

Can you recommend any OTHER BluRay Player Software on the market besides PowerDVD?

Thanks

Ty

Last edited:
Think thats probably due to the the fact that you're using 2 different screen connectors, aint sure though. Taking a shot in the dark here

*****well this ONLY occurs when I play BluRay
when I play regular DVD's....I have the use of Both Screens.

This PowerDVD software has given me nothing but problems. AnyDVD HD has been very good.....

I"m going to step up and download Total Media 5...going to give it a shot

Whenever blu-ray disc is playing it can only output to one screen. Player won't help here when it come to blu-ray disc.

AACS license info has more detail on this subject and all player manufacture are required to abide by it. If they want to keep the their license.

That's not ENTIRELY accurate. For commercial blu-ray player software, yes, it is. However, I BELIEVE (and have NO experience with dual monitor configurations so I shouldn't even be responding to this, but...) MPC-HC will work for this. It'll give you movie only playback and SHOULD allow you to run dual screen. I honestly don't know for sure, but, it's worth a shot.

Hawk and Samuri...thanks for your responses.
I've been searching the web reading different forums.

So far from what I've been reading if you are using Dual Monitors/Extended Mode/Clone mode ....playing BluRay prevents this mode therefore shuts the OTHER screen off (blacks out) and vice versus.

It has something to do with HDCP (high def copy protection) and other protections.

This is why this occurs ONLY when playing BluRay. When I play REGULAR dvd's...I don't have this problem (eg. playing a dvd on my one screen whereas i can surf the web on the other screen).

Unless I am wrong and all the information I've been reading on the internet is NOT accurate. Maybe someone can correct me?

thanks guys,

Ty

I'm quite sure you're correct on that, unfortunately. I also believe it has to do with protecting the blu-ray content....not necessarily directly related to HDCP, but, definitely part of the protection mechanisms. That's why I recommended taking a look at MPC-HC as it's freeware and doesn't care about any of that nonsense. It MIGHT work for you.

Samuri,
I'm sorta new to this and within the last 24 hours I've been able to get some knowledge in this area.

Can you explain MPC-HC (acronym for???)...what it stands for and what it does and where I can acquire it?

thanks,

Ty

Sure thing, sorry. Should have explained further. MPC-HC is Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. It's a freeware player that can open blu-ray structures either from folder, mounted ISO, original disc, etc as long as AnyDVD is running to unprotect it or if it's ripped with protection removed. It's a very extensive and flexible player that can do quite a bit. For example, I use it myself to play MKV backups of my blu-rays and hd dvd's with full PGS subtitle support and full bitstreaming. In my setup I add MPC-HC, ffdshow (for bitstreaming and their DXVA codecs), madVR renderer (amazing quality), and haali for splitting. For what you want to do you don't need anything but MPC-HC. I get my builds from this site:

http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player-classic-home-cinema-x86-x64/

You can do either 64 or 32 bit versions. I tend to use the 32 bit version (I'm running on W7 64 bit on all my machines) so that I can use madVR as it's 32 bit only. Let me know if you need any help with it, but, basically grab it from that site, install it, and see if you can play a blu-ray using it on your dual screen environment. I honestly don't know if it'll work or not, but, it's worth a shot since it's free.

Samuri: Does madVR have trouble rendering BD and/or DVD subtitles? I remember having issues with DVDs with it, but maybe I didn't have it set up right. But yes, you're right. The quality with madVR is outstanding.

Problem- I cannot run Dual Screen when I play BluRay disc. If I play a BluRay disc on the Secondary Screen the Main Screen "Blacks out". Same thing in reverse (when playing on Main screen the Secondary (blacks out).

All I can say is: we have dual screen setups in the lab, both with ATI/AMD and NVidia cards. We use a mix of HDCP compliant monitors and others which are not (btw: HDMI vs. DVI shouldn't matter here as both would achieve HDCP). This combination of HDCP and non-HDCP is particularily useful for testing.

When I play a blu-ray disc (without AnyDVD running, so requiring HDCP), the only limitation is that the player's surface is completely on the monitor supporting HDCP. Never saw a screen black out, though.
I don't know about clone-mode (I'm sure you're not cloning?). That would definitly be a problem as the image would need to be on both monitors.
But if you're just extending your desktop, I don't see why your other monitor would go black.

I even use a double monitor equipment. On the HDMI output there is a Full HD Beamer und on the VGA output there is a 1920x1200 resolution monitor.

I play BluRays which i copierd on another computer to ISO images.

I can move the playing window from PowerDVD10 to both monitors and play them on every monitor in full screen. No blanking ... but windows 7 turns off ther Aero-Mode while playing. My graphic card is an onbord HD2400!

So you must have another problem ....

Regards ... Bärli

Samuri: Does madVR have trouble rendering BD and/or DVD subtitles? I remember having issues with DVDs with it, but maybe I didn't have it set up right. But yes, you're right. The quality with madVR is outstanding.

I've not had any issues with subs. I'm using ffdshow for sub renderering.

All I can say is: we have dual screen setups in the lab, both with ATI/AMD and NVidia cards. We use a mix of HDCP compliant monitors and others which are not (btw: HDMI vs. DVI shouldn't matter here as both would achieve HDCP). This combination of HDCP and non-HDCP is particularily useful for testing.

When I play a blu-ray disc (without AnyDVD running, so requiring HDCP), the only limitation is that the player's surface is completely on the monitor supporting HDCP. Never saw a screen black out, though.
I don't know about clone-mode (I'm sure you're not cloning?). That would definitly be a problem as the image would need to be on both monitors.
But if you're just extending your desktop, I don't see why your other monitor would go black.

There's been issues reported on other forums about dual screen setups, as well. Since I don't run that kind of environment myself, I tend to not pay as close attention as I probably should, but, depending on what you're doing, how you're doing it, etc, there can be problems. Especially if you're trying to do it at different resolutions on each monitor iirc.

SamuriHL thanks...I"m going to give it a try.

This is the setup I'm running
Win7 64bit
Graphics card - Diamond All-In-Wonder HD Premium
Main Screen- Samsung Syncmaster 2494- DVI hookup
Secondary Screen-Panasonic VT25 Series 50inch Plasma -HDMI hookup
PowerDVD10 Ultra with AnyDVD HD

Not sure if I repeated the above.

SamuriHL

MediaPlayer Classic worked!!!!
the OTHER screen doesn't black out. I can play on either screen.
Only thing is I can't drag it screen to screen...the program freezes

So what does this mean?

Everytime I start up Media Player Classic program i get an error or should i say a
Tab that says

The latest DirectX runtime is not installed
Please download and install the latest DirectX runtime (june2010) regardless of your operating system

What do I do? where do I go to get this done?

Back