• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie Backup Question

Fred256

Hi,

I've bought AnyDVD HD and just about to try my first backup. I don't have any burning software yet, but am considering Nero 11.

Is that all I need?

Also a bit confused, AnyDVD has options

Rip Video DVD To harddisk (that is Blu Ray disk also ?)
Rip to Image (which is better ?)

But can I also just file copy all the files/folders on the disk - or is this not the right thing to do ?

Thanks for any replies

If you are looking to burn to disc, I suggest you use the 'Rip to Image' option, then use something like ImgBurn (Free software) to burn the image to disc.

Don't waste your money on Nero. ImgBurn is free and will do everything you need for burning. If you need to squeeze the movie down to fit on a BD-25 you can use Clown-BD or BD-Rebuilder (both also free).

Rip to Image is the best option when you are backing up a Bluray disc, Rip Video DVD to Harddisk is the option for a regular DVD.

No matter how you back up your disc, image or files/folders, Imgburn will burn to blank media so it plays in standalone players properly.

Using just AnyDVD to back up your video discs makes a 1:1 exact back up, you get all the trailers and FBI warnings along with all the audio and subtitle languages. CloneDVD will allow you to remove from a DVD video and audio streams if you don't want them. You can even make a movie only copy with CloneDVD.

Bluray requires third party programs at the moment to remove streams or create a movie only copy. Check out the High Definition Software forum for further information.

Slysoft is creating a Bluray program similar to CloneDVD, but it is not yet available.

Thanks very much for the info and advise. Will get ImgBurn as soon as I get a burner ! (This week).

I've got my image all ready.:rock: Expected it to take longer than an hour, and AnyDVD didn't miss a beat !

How about viewing it over DLNA? I 'think' I need to remux it into one file (m2ts?) first. Can you remux an image? I suppose that's yes, but you have to mount it first. New to all this and a lot to get right... but good fun 8)

Back