• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newb here - What could I be doing wrong?

what i recall from back then people fiddling/improperly interfering with nlasvc was the root of about 90% of connectivity problems with win7

Last edited:
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit myself and have many services disabled. Whatever I can get away with having disabled is disabled. I keep things running lean and mean. Haven't had a single issue with AnyStream aside from the known issues, those unreleated to one's local computer. Time permitting I can try to break AnyStream under Windows 7. If I have anything interesting to share I can report back.

Definitely would like to hear what you find... Out of curiosity, the very first time you installed AnyStream and got it running, what version was it? Cause it's always possible the future versions are running with things already configured, but new out-of-the-box Win7 may not... Just thinking out loud, since my system has just recently been refreshed, and like you, updates are only on an as-needed basis.. Turned off by default the moment it boots.

I won't remember Windows 7 64bit settings either. LOL, maybe he could google Windows 7

No need to google that one.. As I mentioned in a previous post, the "Network List Service" being enabled fixed that issue, but now the new one..

No need to google that one.. As I mentioned in a previous post, the "Network List Service" being enabled fixed that issue, but now the new one..
Lets let the developers look at your logfile, any other advice would be a guess and maybe make things worse for you. Sorry about your issues, but these things usually get worked out.

what i recall from back then people fiddling with nlasvc was the root of about 90% of connectivity problems with win7
I normally have this one enabled... But I guess I can try disabling it.. On second thought, no go.. Disabling the NLA service also disables the above aforementioned "Network List Service" which we now know is necessary.

I normally have this one enabled... But I guess I can try disabling it.. On second thought, no go.. Disabling the NLA service also disables the above aforementioned "Network List Service" which we now know is necessary.

That's what I meant, people used to disable it or interfere with it and then whine that they have no connectivity. Having it enabled is half the story, it actually has to report as having connectivity, and for that it needs http and dns to the mothership or whatever the registry settings tell it to connect to...

Definitely would like to hear what you find... Out of curiosity, the very first time you installed AnyStream and got it running, what version was it? Cause it's always possible the future versions are running with things already configured, but new out-of-the-box Win7 may not... Just thinking out loud, since my system has just recently been refreshed, and like you, updates are only on an as-needed basis.. Turned off by default the moment it boots.
During the trial period I was running AnyStream 1.0.9.0 (32-bit). I left that installation in place having since installed AnyStream 1.0.9.1 (32-bit) to a different directory. Things continue to run beautifully. Haven't encountered as much as a hiccup with AnyStream. Good luck getting your installation up and running. I'll be watching your thread here with interest. Cheers.

That's what I meant, people used to disable it or interfere with it and then whine that they have no connectivity. Having it enabled is half the story, it actually has to report as having connectivity, and for that it needs http and dns to the mothership or whatever the registry settings tell it to connect to...

Yeah, connectivity is no issue, it has it.. No red x.. And as I've mentioned Netflix works fine in Firefox.. Just not much else I can think of at this point.. But I might try loading Win 7 on a fresh HDD on a spare laptop I have and see if I get anything else... Maybe it's one of the few pieces of sfw I have installed already..

During the trial period I was running AnyStream 1.0.9.0 (32-bit). I left that installation in place having since installed AnyStream 1.0.9.1 (32-bit) to a different directory. Things continue to run beautifully. Haven't encountered as much as a hiccup with AnyStream. Good luck getting your installation up and running. I'll be watching your thread here with interest. Cheers.

Thanks.. At least I know 1.0.9.0 will work installed fresh on a Win7 machine.. So I did remove the beta 1.0.9.3 so I'm not testing a beta in all this.. Went back to 1.0.9.0 with the services installed... But still no go.. But I'll try on a 100% fresh win7 on a spare hdd on a laptop possibly... Not sure if I'll get to it tonight though.. Getting late here (Eastern Europe)...

Yeah, connectivity is no issue, it has it.. No red x.. And as I've mentioned Netflix works fine in Firefox.. Just not much else I can think of at this point.. But I might try loading Win 7 on a fresh HDD on a spare laptop I have and see if I get anything else... Maybe it's one of the few pieces of sfw I have installed already..

I don't recall precisely what Firefox does (I don't use it for being a giant memory hog), but I think it just tries to connect without querying local services, and by some logic that makes sense. Do you just have one network adapter in the machine?

Don't know how much consolation it is to you, but if you're on WiFi, it could be this bug in QT:-
Code:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68613?focusedCommentId=511966&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-511966

Last edited:
I don't recall precisely what Firefox does (I don't use it for being a giant memory hog), but I think it just tries to connect without querying local services, and by some logic that makes sense. Do you just have one network adapter in the machine?

Don't know how much consolation it is to you, but if you're on WiFi, it could be this bug in QT:
Just one adapter, hard wired. Network connectivity couldn't be better. All 7 layers of the network stack work, and all layers of the TCP/IP stack work. But good to always be aware of potential bugs when using WIFI. Thanks.

So, I did install a fresh Win7 64bit on a laptop. Turned off updates. Installed a few drivers, only to find that AnyStream also requires GLES 2.0 drivers. Installed those extra drivers (Intel chipset), and lo and behold, it is working (with Wifi).. So I now have a reference working system. And when I get more time I'll proceed with disabling services, scheduled jobs, drivers, etc that I would normally do, and see where it stands after each.. And then let you all know for future FYI...

Just an update... Still testing the "working" system.. Disabled every service the non-working system has plus extras.. Everything still works... Disabled useless scheduled jobs... Everything still works..

The working Win7 system takes about 6 - 8secs from cold boot to desktop.. So it's pretty lean right now..

So now I'm left to installing the apps that the non-working system has, one by one.. That's about the only thing left..

Back