• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New version warning...

jeffatrad

Can we get a setting to turn off the update checking? (or is there one already)? I use Any DVD HD sporadically, and just don't need to always be on the latest... Just want to stop the nagging.

Can we get a setting to turn off the update checking? (or is there one already)? I use Any DVD HD sporadically, and just don't need to always be on the latest... Just want to stop the nagging.

Just uncheck the option in the program settings shown below:

attachment.php

Attachments

• UpdateCheck.jpg
    UpdateCheck.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 129
You should ALWAYS be on the latest version of any software program, beta or stable version, the only exception I can think of is BD Rebuilder which the author wants you to use specific sub software versions.:agree:
<rant>
Please do not say such a thing in a public forum where someone innocently may not know better. Slysoft updates AnyDVD on a pretty consistent clip, however the releases are meant to respond to specific situations or issues that users are having. If you (in general) are not having that issue, it's not advised to upgrade unless there is some new feature that the new version offers. You basically replace the stable version that's been working well on your system for one that may or may not have as yet undiscovered bugs.

That's why many businesses are still using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7. They aren't going to blow up a stable environment that their developers use on a daily basis just to get the latest bell or whistle. Don't get me wrong, i understand the sentiment. I felt the same way for a long time, however being a software developer for the last 10 years has taught me that having the latest and greatest is not always the best thing. It's become one of my pet peeves now so much so that I detect which browsers my users are using at the company that i work at and warn them that the internet app they are using has not been tested on their version of IE when they just decide, against corporate standards mind you, to upgrade to IE 10.
</rant>

<rant>
Please do not say such a thing in a public forum where someone innocently may not know better. Slysoft updates AnyDVD on a pretty consistent clip, however the releases are meant to respond to specific situations or issues that users are having. If you (in general) are not having that issue, it's not advised to upgrade unless there is some new feature that the new version offers. You basically replace the stable version that's been working well on your system for one that may or may not have as yet undiscovered bugs.

That's why many businesses are still using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7. They aren't going to blow up a stable environment that their developers use on a daily basis just to get the latest bell or whistle. Don't get me wrong, i understand the sentiment. I felt the same way for a long time, however being a software developer for the last 10 years has taught me that having the latest and greatest is not always the best thing. It's become one of my pet peeves now so much so that I detect which browsers my users are using at the company that i work at and warn them that the internet app they are using has not been tested on their version of IE when they just decide, against corporate standards mind you, to upgrade to IE 10.
</rant>

Yes, like an HP BIOS update that the HP Support Assistant says you need... :doh:

Back