• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

new user....just some general questions

sierra117

Hello,
someone recently suggested this software to me, and i am trialing it right now. before i decided to buy it, i was curious as to it's reliability and stability in Vista x64 ?

regarding it's it's ability to remove copy protection from movies, is this reliable ?
i mostly use dvd decryptor but sometimes it does not work with certain movies...

i would also like to know if i need to get clonedvd in order to make backups of these movies, or is anydvd able to do this ?

thanks

Hi zero7404, buy it you'll never look back! I haven't run across a movie in a long time it won't handle. Webslinger uses Vista x64 and reports somooth sailing. You will need something to burn with, AnyDVD does not burn or compress. It's a small program that sits in the background and works with Nero or CloneDVD or just about any transcoder/burning program. Get it you'll like it!

thanks for the reply...

i'm really interested in these apps since anydvd allows me to play any region coded dvd in my laptop without messing with the region code setting of the hardware.

before i decided to spend the 55-60 euro on this package (anydvd+clonedvd2) i needed some feedback on whether this software will reliably rip protected movies....

so will it also rip protected movies from any region code ?

i also saw that it has the capability of making the subtitles transparent, that's pretty neat.

i also wanted to know if there is any video and audio quality degradation when ripping and then using clonedvd2 to put the movie on a dvd-dl ?

i really only am looking for it to clone movies and nothing else.

thanks for the reply...
i also wanted to know if there is any video and audio quality degradation when ripping and then using clonedvd2 to put the movie on a dvd-dl ?

Not degradation, but if you do that it won't be a perfect copy. The layer break, for instance, will likely end up in a different, and perhaps not as unobtrusive, spot than the one chosen by authors of the disc. The general consensus on these boards seems to be that CloneCD is the best choice for making a copy of a commercial disc if you're planning to use a dual-layer blank. CloneDVD2 is primarily meant for transcoding, and getting it down onto a single-layer.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.6.0: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6460.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.9: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

so will it also rip protected movies from any region code ?

Not if you have a Matshita drive. This is a hardware limitation.

Matshita (Panasonic oem) burners should really be avoided. They are cheap junk (which is probably why some laptop companies love these drives), die easily, and also suffer from region coding issues. Click this

No. But dvd-r dl is a useless format. Use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x only. And I prefer using this method with Clonecd instead: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

thanks for the info.

so now, if i wanted to basically copy a dvd movie, i need to have anydvd running in the background while i use clonecd to duplicate it onto a blank dvd-dl ?

thanks for the info.

so now, if i wanted to basically copy a dvd movie, i need to have anydvd running in the background while i use clonecd

Yes

to duplicate it onto a blank dvd-dl ?

Don't use dvd-r dl. Use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x only. Everything else is predominately junk.

Not degradation, but if you do that it won't be a perfect copy. The layer break, for instance, will likely end up in a different, and perhaps not as unobtrusive, spot than the one chosen by authors of the disc. The general consensus on these boards seems to be that CloneCD is the best choice for making a copy of a commercial disc if you're planning to use a dual-layer blank. CloneDVD2 is primarily meant for transcoding, and getting it down onto a single-layer.

TM2-Megatron is right, for DL I use CloneCD, it makes a 1:1 bit copy and preserves the layer break CloneDVD does not. Keep in mind you can backup any region DVD but these products will not convert NTSC to PAL or vice versa. This is likely not a problem though because most late model set top players will play either. Your backups will be region free.

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

only thing i forsee as an issue is that i'm running on a laptop, there's only one dvd burner drive....can clonecd use the hdd and then prompt to put a blank disc in when it's done copying ?

also, i'm not using a panasonic drive, it's showing up as a TSSCorp in my system info, not sure what brand this is, but i know it's not matsh** or panasonic.

can clonecd use the hdd and then prompt to put a blank disc in when it's done copying ?

Yes, that's what Clonecd does. Clonedvd does the same thing.

The only problem I see is if your laptop contains a Matshita burner.

With Clonecd the original layer break position is maintained (as on the original disc) when using +R DL blank media. With Clonedvd, the pause (from the layer break changeover) occurs towards the end of the last chapter on the first layer when using double layer blank media.

Also Clonecd will backup PC files that may appear as bonus features on the original dvd (wallpaper, screensavers, etc.). Clonedvd will only backup dvd-video material.

With Clonedvd, you can, of course, remove unwanted video material, and you can't with Clonecd.

Last edited:
TSSCorp is the drive that's appearing in my sys info

it's showing up as a TSSCorp in my system info, not sure what brand this is

That's a Samsung.

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation (TSST)

Anyway, for all intents and purposes, it's a Samsung drive.

Last edited:
i am...but the more i ask the more i learn, so when i'm comfortable that anydvd and clonecd are a suitable replacement for dvd decryptor, then i will pay for the licenses.

i am...but the more i ask the more i learn, so when i'm comfortable that anydvd and clonecd are a suitable replacement for dvd decryptor, then i will pay for the licenses.

If you have questions, we'll be around. Be sure you read the stickies found at the top of the forum.

Also, if you haven't yet, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the forum rules (a lot of people don't when they sign up to these forums): http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=6#post6

I don't work for Slysoft, so I am under no obligation to say this, but Anydvd is the most versatile decrypter available. The program is updated frequently, and updates are free for life. I recommend giving the programs you're interested in a try, and if you like them after 21 days, then buy them. That way you have plenty of time to evaluate the programs.

Last edited:
I don't work for Slysoft, so I am under no obligation to say this, but Anydvd is the most versatile decrypter available. The program is updated frequently, and updates are free for life. I recommend giving the programs you're interested in try, and if you like them after 21 days, then buy them. That way you have plenty of time to evaluate the programs.

I agree with Mr. Slinger about AnyDVD - it's the single best program I *ever* paid for. Bar none.

That said, the "Clone" produts are made by another company, and IN MY OPINION the *freeware* DVDShrink is a much more versitile backup program - SO LONG AS YOU ALREADY OWN *BURNING* SOFTWARE.

-W

That said, the "Clone" produts are made by another company

Clonecd is developed by Slysoft. Clonedvd is developed by Elaborate Bytes.

and IN MY OPINION the *freeware* DVDShrink is a much more versitile backup program

For reauthoring, yes (with a couple of exceptions)--but I find dvdshrink utterly useless for what I want to do with +R DL, which is what zero7404 appears interested in burning. dvdshrink also cannot retain the original layer break position. Clonecd is not a reauthoring program. It's a 1:1 sector copier. And in this respect, dvdshrink cannot even begin to touch Clonecd. Actually, it's pretty hard to compare dvdshrink to Clonecd. They are completely different programs.

What Clonedvd does do is ensure compatibility with Anydvd. Moreover, Clonedvd rips faster than Anydvd ripper, and retains menus over split discs. Clonedvd is useful as a pre-processor to remove unwanted material before using another reauthoring and/or encoder or transcoding program, such as Shrink. Consequently, there is a distinct advantage to using Clonedvd to rip instead of using Anydvd ripper before using Shrink. Certainly, Shrink's transcoder does do a better job than Clonedvd's transcoder, if the quality meter in Clonedvd is showing below 85%. And Shrink does offer a lot of nice reauthoring features that Clonedvd does not offer, but for most newcomers, Clonedvd will probably suffice (if someone really cared about picture quality with single layer discs, encoders should be examined more closely instead of dvdshrink, especially since an excellent freeware encoder exists).

Last edited:
only thing i forsee as an issue is that i'm running on a laptop, there's only one dvd burner drive....can clonecd use the hdd and then prompt to put a blank disc in when it's done copying ?

also, i'm not using a panasonic drive, it's showing up as a TSSCorp in my system info, not sure what brand this is, but i know it's not matsh** or panasonic.

TSSCorp is Samsung 8) :agree: OOps already mentioned

Last edited:
Back