• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

new spiderman Panasonic player won't work

mcdcad

bluray copy won't work on a Panasonic bluray player. Works on Sony and others. Messages come up saying, illegal copy, cannot play back copy disk. Tried updating software on player still no good. First time I ever encounted this problem have done many blurays. Anyone else have this problem or heard of it?

Please give us a better description of the error message. When does it appear -- at the start, 20 minutes into the movie, etc.? Does it use the word "Cinavia", or does the Cinavia logo appear on the back of the package? (Hint: It probably does; the U.S. edition of this film does.) Does it merely mute the audio with video continuing to play, or does playback stop completely?

If the message and/or package back does mention Cinavia, AnyDVD HD does not, and will not, defeat it; it will disable Cinavia detection in some software players, but that won't help you. Your best option for now is to avoid the Panny and use that copy only with players that will play it. SlySoft's forthcoming BD copier, Slyce, will eventually defeat Cinavia (though NOT in its initial release); it's currently in beta testing with release date TBA. Main Slyce thread is here (no Cinavia discussion permitted there); thread on Slyce's future Cinavia capabilities is here.

If they do NOT mention Cinavia, please include a logfile in your reply. Logfile instructions are here.

Last edited:
What is your panny model? I have a couple of 2 yr. old pannys and they are not bothered by Cinavia and work fine with Spiderman.

cinavia is the problem. It's my daughters unit and I haven't got a chance to look at it yet, she lives far from me. The unit is new so that is probably why it is showing up. I use sony's and never had an issue with Dvd's or blurays in years of making copy's. Hope slysoft can fix it soon. Thanks for the responses.

Don't count on Slysoft fixing that, its a major issue to create a copy of a Cinavia protected disc, so the copy will play on a Cinavia protected player.
DVDFab has the solution within their latest version 9 of their software to do this, but it requires to create an exact 1:1 copy of the movie or disc, it is not allowed to shrink the movie or disc from BD50 to BD25, because then it won't work.
One problem about this, is that not all Blu-ray players supports these discs, because you have to turn your copy in to BDMV-REC.

Last edited:
cinavia is the problem. It's my daughters unit and I haven't got a chance to look at it yet, she lives far from me. The unit is new so that is probably why it is showing up. I use sony's and never had an issue with Dvd's or blurays in years of making copy's. Hope slysoft can fix it soon. Thanks for the responses.

Cinavia detection can be disabled on most Panasonic Blu-ray players and recorders by installing custom firmware.

Back