• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New SlySoft Product - Blu-ray Transcoder?

Take a look at the standard definition transcoder DVD Shrink, why is it still so VERY POPULAR after the last release many years ago, because of its unique design, easy to use, and extremely fast transcoder, still used around the world.
Build a high definition transcoder like DVD Shrink and you are sure to have a winning product in much demand.

I have always personally found DVD Shrink PQ to be terrable quality thats the reason that I always used DVD Decrypter & DVD Rebuilder PRO transcoding may be faster but you cannot argue with the quality of a full re-encode.

BD Rebuilder is working great for me on full disc encodes I don't really get any fails anymore unless I start messing with the finished files to try and obtain lossless audio but I have only had semi sucessfull results doing this with both TrueHD & DTS-HD

Why would you want to export SUPs to make mkvs?
Neither is MKV the only possible target nor did I talk of any specific target container.

I meant the resolution of the subs themselves. It's crappy even when you choose 1080p.
Why would a 1080p SUP converted to a 1080p SUB/IDX be "crappy" regarding the resolution? The resolution is untouched, only the antialiasing is lowered quite a bit due to the reduced palette. This is no big issue though for highres subtitles.

Neither is MKV the only possible target nor did I talk of any specific target container.
You? No. The poster to whom I was making the suggestion, yes. Somehow I supposed you'd say this, so I was just trolling for it, sorry :D

Why would a 1080p SUP converted to a 1080p SUB/IDX be "crappy" regarding the resolution? The resolution is untouched, only the antialiasing is lowered quite a bit due to the reduced palette. This is no big issue though for highres subtitles.
Well, the res is not THAT bad, and I personally have no quips about it, like I said. But it's still lower res than the original SUP. Doesn't look only anti-aliased, but also a bit blurred, like it's been upsampled.

EDIT:

So anyway on a hunch, I went to the Doom9 thread and noticed you're the developer, so you should know more. Is it really not downsampling the original SUPs? I do love the prog by the way, and I had a couple of questions about it. I should thank you for making it, so thanks!

Last edited:
So anyway on a hunch, I went to the Doom9 thread and noticed you're the developer, so you should know more.
Seems likely.

Is it really not downsampling the original SUPs?
Not if you don't lower the resolution. Only the color depth is reduced then (unless I made some real stupid bug which I hope I didn't). I think this is quite obvious if you compare a 1080p SUP with a 1080p SUB using the zoom mode. Then again, due to the lack of antialiasing, some edges look a bit jagged. Maybe that's what you mistook for scaling artifacts.

I do love the prog by the way, and I had a couple of questions about it. I should thank you for making it, so thanks!
You should ask the questions in the Doom9 thread since it's a little off-topic here. And you're welcome ;)

Last edited:
Fernando, Is this going to be a upgrade to Clone DVD (e.g. Clone DVD HD) like AnyDVD HD and AnyDVD? Or will it be a separate product? I am very, very interested in acquiring this product as soon as it becomes available!

Sincerely,
Mike
mdisante@bellsouth.net

Fernando, Is this going to be a upgrade to Clone DVD (e.g. Clone DVD HD) like AnyDVD HD and AnyDVD? Or will it be a separate product? I am very, very interested in acquiring this product as soon as it becomes available!

Sincerely,
Mike
mdisante@bellsouth.net
I wonder if you see that this post is like 2yrs old?

Sincerely,
Mike
mdisante@bellsouth.net
I think it will be a separate product as I don't think Slysoft make CloneDVD, they are just resellers

Sincerely,
Mike

CloneDVD is not a Slysoft product. CloneDVD mobile is a Slysoft product. From the information that has been shared I do not believe that CloneBD will replace any of the existing products. It will be a full-fledged product in its own right. There have been insinuations that existing owners of a product (ie CloneDVD) may get an upgrade discount when CloneBD is released but there is no real official statement on that so don't take it as fact.

I wonder if you see that this post is like 2yrs old?

I'd assume the user did a search in the forums and found this thread and so it was relevant.

I think it will be a separate product as I don't think Slysoft make CloneDVD, they are just resellers

CloneDVD has always been an Elaborate Bytes product. Slysoft is an official CloneDVD reseller and licenses some code from Elaborate Bytes which is used in the AnyDVD ripper portion of AnyDVD.

Does anyone know if CloneBD likely to be released anytime soon and will it be able to perform the same functions as CloneDVD or will if be for BlueRay only? Its Just been debating purchasing the Lifetime suscription for CloneDVD, but if CloneBD does the same and superseeds it, theres no point and would rather wait

Chhers Peeps

Does anyone know if CloneBD likely to be released anytime soon and will it be able to perform the same functions as CloneDVD or will if be for BlueRay only? Its Just been debating purchasing the Lifetime suscription for CloneDVD, but if CloneBD does the same and superseeds it, theres no point and would rather wait

Chhers Peeps

Or VSO's new blu-ray to DVD

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/bluray-converter/blu-ray-to-dvd.php

£35 and it will do everything Clown can with a good interface, and everything we have been promised by Sli soft for years.

Last edited:
There never has been or is going to be a CloneBD. It's vaporware. Which will be released the day after the next format is announced.

There never has been or is going to be a CloneBD. It's vaporware. Which will be released the day after the next format is announced.
And of course your a developer or Alpha tester so you know this for a fact:disagree:
Why don't you just stick to things you know rather than just making more useless ill informed posts.

YAWN! still waiting.:rolleyes:
Well ClownBD is out so you're not still waiting for that, and as the program you recommended doesn't do Blu-ray how is that any different than waiting for CloneBD, and in the mean time you can use BD rebuilder which is free

Last edited:
Well ClownBD is out so you're not still waiting for that, and as the program you recommended doesn't do Blu-ray how is that any different than waiting for CloneBD, and in the mean time you can use BD rebuilder which is free
VSO's ConvertXtoDVD already does do Blu-ray to DVD though, which is useful when combo packs are not available. This new VSO Blu-ray Converter Ultimate product adds a second step (like using CloneDvdMobile once the DVD has been created from the Blu-ray) to create avi, mkv and Apple formats so it has more output options for a Blu-ray in one click. From the bug reports on their forum it looks like the paying customers are the beta testers (although that model seems to work for Microsoft).

If the market for these products is expanding then I guess Slysoft won't be too far behind companies like VSO.

Last edited:

Ahhh, another expert who knows more than the developers at Slysoft.

All Hail gamo62! :bowdown:

If you are so eager to have a BR transcoder NOW, go and program the thing yourself.

Ahhh, another expert who knows more than the developers at Slysoft.

All Hail gamo62! :bowdown:

If you are so eager to have a BR transcoder NOW, go and program the thing yourself.

Maybe I am not understanding something here . . doesn't BD-RB already have an excellent blu-ray transcoding capability in it? And it can output formats for going to BD or DVD, using BD25 or DVD9 or DVD5 from a source BD50? And it is free?

Yes but its still dependant on subtools and specific versions of them, (but y they're free too) and a lot of specific settings for the tools & even your OS. I bet CloneBD (or whatever the final name will be) will be a bit less specific in its tools & settings and probably be a does-it-all tool

Yes but its still dependant on subtools and specific versions of them, (but y they're free too) and a lot of specific settings for the tools & even your OS. I bet CloneBD (or whatever the final name will be) will be a bit less specific in its tools & settings and probably be a does-it-all tool

Ah . . so the issue isn't that BD transcoding isn't available, just that it isn't available via a "Clone-BD" product offered by Elaborate Bytes/Slysoft. 8)

Back