• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New DVD-RAM for Sony SZ - Please Help!!!

simwit

I have recently bought a Sony SZ6. After uninstalling the crapware, the laptop has been fantastic. :)

However, I didn't research the DVD RAM that was packaged with it, a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-852S, which there is no firmware update and no software can allow me to watch multi-region. I have been through the forums on Slysoft and forum.rpc-1.com there appears to be no solution but to buy a new DVD-RAM that can be used multi-region. :doh:

PLEASE, can somebody a suggest a DVD RAM that could be fitted into the Sony SZ frame without compromising the aesthetics? I am not worried about the warranty but please let me know if this is likely to cause any problems. :bowdown:

Thanks.

Matshita are known for problems but pre-built companies just keep pushing them out. I would contact Sony about a different unit as Sony has a habit of making very proprietary equipment.
You might also consider Dell, they make an identical laptop that offers more options. Dell XPS M1330

Back