• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New blu-ray 3D spec: Slysoft future plans to support it?

Dâniel Fraga

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142439/Blu_ray_3D_disc_specification_finalized

Maybe it's a silly question, but now that the 3D blu-ray specs are finalized, does Slysoft has any plans to support this new format on AnyDVD HD as soon as the new medias arrive to public consumption?

Maybe it will be the same as the current blu-ray discs except for the codec, right? Maybe nothing will change at all regarding AnyDVD HD because, as far as I understand, AnyDVD HD operates at a lower level, not concerning at all with codecs etc. So maybe it will just out of the box, as long as it uses the same protection (AACS and BD+).

Maybe nothing will change at all regarding AnyDVD HD because, as far as I understand, AnyDVD HD operates at a lower level, not concerning at all with codecs etc. So maybe it will just out of the box, as long as it uses the same protection (AACS and BD+).

Correct. AnyDVD HD already supports 3D. :D

Correct. AnyDVD HD already supports 3D. :D

Is there any scheme that AnyDVD HD can't overcome? I plan to buy the software before the current promotion runs out and want to make sure I won't encounter Blu-Ray discs that I can't rip.

Is there any scheme that AnyDVD HD can't overcome? I plan to buy the software before the current promotion runs out and want to make sure I won't encounter Blu-Ray discs that I can't rip.

I can't make any forward looking statement, but at this time our track record is flawless. We can copy all BD & HD DVD discs, and if we can't usually takes only a few days until a fix is available.

I can't make any forward looking statement, but at this time our track record is flawless. We can copy all BD & HD DVD discs, and if we can't usually takes only a few days until a fix is available.

Oh, I forgot this one:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29820

But that's not really our fault, the disc doesn't even play without AnyDVD installed. :doh:

At least for me, AnyDVD HD was able to rip all blu-rays and dvds I tested so far. So my advice is: buy it because this software is the only software in the world that does well what it should do. ;) Great software!

Few days? That is quite extraordinary. :rock: I am getting me a copy. Life time support for $100 is a good deal. Thanks.

At least for me, AnyDVD HD was able to rip all blu-rays and dvds I tested so far. So my advice is: buy it because this software is the only software in the world that does well what it should do. ;) Great software!

Thanks for the recommendation. This software seems to sell itself. It's the only one that handles BD+, according to many websites I have visited.

QFT. Forgive me mentioning the competition here SS ;) DVDFab can copy bd's but not if they're protected with BD+ atleast not with the last version i tried ^^

Nothin beats AnyDVD HD :)

QFT. Forgive me mentioning the competition here SS ;) DVDFab can copy bd's but not if they're protected with BD+ atleast not with the last version i tried ^^

Nothin beats AnyDVD HD :)

Yeah, I checked DVDfab but the coming soon thing with BD+ is a no go for me. Last question for the experts before before I pull the trigger here, do I need CloneDVD along with Anydvd HD ? My plan was to rip BD rip to hardrive and then use BD-Rebuilder to shrink it to BD9. Can cloneDVD shrink the ripped image to BD5 or BD9 size ? I am willing to read if you can link me to the right thread that discusses this issue thoroughly. Thanks, guys.

no you don't. For the simple reason that its cloneDVD and not cloneBD. CloneDVD cannot handle the BD structure. However cloneBD is in development and we all hope to see a beta or first release candidate public soon.

For shrinking you have 2 options currently, ClownBD (note the W) and BD-rebuilder.

AFAIK Rebuilder can shrink the entire disc to a smaller size eg bd-25
ClownBD (atleast the part i tested it for) is mainly used to strip the main movie and audio stream(s) to a BD25. (afaik ya loose all extra's this way)

no you don't. For the simple reason that its cloneDVD and not cloneBD. CloneDVD cannot handle the BD structure. However cloneBD is in development and we all hope to see a beta or first release candidate public soon.

For shrinking you have 2 options currently, ClownBD (note the W) and BD-rebuilder.

ClownBD (atleast the part i tested it for) is mainly used to strip the main movie and audio stream(s) to a BD25. (afaik ya loose all extra's this way)

Thanks. I will get AnyDVD HD and wait for a viable alternative to BR-Rebuilder. I still consider blank Blu-ray media as expensive option to consider them as back up media except maybe for a few titles.

BD-R's are getting cheaper a lot. Traxdata for one (atleast in my country) a spindle of 10 printable BD-25's at 4x for mearly 29.95eur. Thats 3eur per disc, havent had a failure using them yet in my LG GGW-H20L

Verbatim is also a top brand but more expensive

You might want to be carful with the Traxdata discs, I've written over 100 of them and having gone back to them have found over 25% have developed faults and can't be fully played or ripped back to the harddrive, try PiData, I've had a much more succesful rate with those, not a single failure and all seem to be working fine when I go back to test them

I'd love to try them if you can find me a shop that sells them to belgium. Due to some stupid "blank media tax", there nearly isnt a single e-shop that will ship to belgium anymore. However i havent had a flaw with Trax just yet

You might want to be carful with the Traxdata discs, I've written over 100 of them and having gone back to them have found over 25% have developed faults and can't be fully played or ripped back to the harddrive, try PiData, I've had a much more succesful rate with those, not a single failure and all seem to be working fine when I go back to test them

I had the same problem with Ridata DVD discs. Most of my DVD backup became unreadable after a year. I have since switched to verbatim and I use nothing but verbatim discs for a few years now. For Blu-ray media, I plan to use only verbatim and TDK discs.

Steer clear of the TDK DL BD-r's and re's, I've seen quite a few people having issues with them

Steer clear of the TDK DL BD-r's and re's, I've seen quite a few people having issues with them

What about TDK single layer BR-Rs? What is the most reliable and one with the least amount of issues BR-R media out there ?

Last edited:

BDRebuilder will also shrink to a DL or DVD5 disc as well (called BD9 & BD5, but they are regular dvd discs). The BD5 looks way better than a regular disc, almost as good as the original if done movie only, but you might not be able to fit DTS audio on it. The DVD9 (DL) will fit the movie and DTS audio and I can not tell the difference from the original, however you can not fit HD audio, must use a BD25 for that. Anyway, I am extremely happy with the way the BD9 comes out and see no reason for spending money on BD25 or 50
discs. BUT USE VERBS ONLY DL DISCS.

Back