• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Netflix Audio

Electron003

Greetings,

I've only ever had Prime, so have NO experience with other providers. I recently picked up Netflix to see what it's all about.

I have found a lot of the audio (TVShows mostly) is only 128K stereo -> is this typical?? or is it a part of the on-going DRM issue that happened recently?

Yes. A lot of the time NF has no other audio available. But (see below)

audio.jpg

128k is typical for stereo. Also depends on when the show was released, older shows (90s/2000s) are more likely to be stereo only. With newer shows, 5.1 is more common.

To show you the difference, open the movie " The Impossible " on Netflix

Highlight the descriptive track. you will see 128K Stereo
Then highlight the " English Original Track" it will change dramatically
Tyhe Impossible.jpg

Thanks for the input.

Redfox 1 -> I knew about the highlight thingee - first thing I do is always make sure the right track is highlighted.

psig33 -> Most of the shows are recent (To the Lake (2020) is one I can remember) (Peaky Blinders is another one - the first couple of seasons are only 128K stereo, while the rest are 5.1??)

I even saw a movie that only had a 128K stereo audio as the main audio track and the descriptive audio track was 640 5.1. (I d/l'd them both to verify). I was at a loss for this one.

Are any of the 128K tracks only showing that because of the current drm issues still being resolved??

Are any of the 128K tracks only showing that because of the current drm issues still being resolved??
I doubt it. Believe it or not, Netflix does not encrypt their audio tracks. It all boils down to what the studio/distributor gave Netflix. Sometimes it may even be licensing restrictions.

I checked "To the Lake (2020)" on IMDB and under the technical specs it says the sound mix is stereo, so that may be all that is available.
Code:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9151230/technical/?ref_=tt_spec_sm

Back