• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Netflix aspect ratio

Nukem

I saw a post here about how to get 1080p back as on option on Netflix, followed it and the option came back in the client. However when the videos download they download as 1080p with lower resolution content. basically the codec all says 1080p but the video is anything but. any suggestions? I will add a caveat that it seems to be limited to movies as i was able to grab tv shows at 1080p.

Here is an example, You are mistaken. Media Info will bear this out.

The Diplomat @540p Season 1 Episode 1 and the same in 1080p. As I said check media info. You do not have to believe me.

nf.pngnf 1080p.png

Last edited:
Sorry, I am not trying to anger you here. I was just looking for assistance.
I looked at the media information you are correct the file and codec information is listed at 1920x1080 but the video itself is not 1080p. you have quite a bit of black space that is rendered around the content that is reducing the content's actual resolution.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 14
It's even easier to tell the difference, just look at the file size when its done downloading. Why do you think I would be angered? I am just explaining something.

Sorry, I am not trying to anger you here. I was just looking for assistance.
I looked at the media information you are correct the file and codec information is listed at 1920x1080 but the video itself is not 1080p. you have quite a bit of black space that is rendered around the content that is reducing the content's actual resolution.
How would you know this, are you eyeballing it, Netflix has been known to lower resolutions. We cannot help that. We download what they offer.

I think the "issue" here is, that resolution is mistaken for aspect ratio..
The original video has a visible resolution of ... hmm, could be 1920x800 (=24:10) there.
It is padded with black bars on top and bottom to comply with the FullHD spec 1920x1080 = 16:9

So what you see in your screenshot is that VLC is shrinking the video to fit in your screen together with the menu and control bar.

Just switch VLC to fullscreen and you will see the video will expand and the black bars on the left and right vanish ... IF you have a 16:9 monitor.

For wider screens the black bars will stay ... unless you manually zoom in or recode the video cropping the top and bottom bars.

I take responsibility for this mistake. When the OP said resolution, I took him at his word. I never clicked on his link ( I do not click on any links except for ones I know are fine (logfiles), so I didn't realize he was talking about aspect ratio and not resolution. I hope the OP sees this and it will ease his concerns. ;)

New guy here....so if this was answered apologies, but it still seems to me based on what I'm seeing in the app, that you can only get 960x540 currently from Netflix. Is this a anystream issue or netflix the wiser....??? If anystream - are they aware? thanks in advance.

me again, just tried a download of the same title with a different application and.......getting 1080x1920

me again, just tried a download of the same title with a different application and.......getting 1080x1920
I have no idea what you’re talking about. You are not the OP in this thread. Have you read any threads in this forum all you have to do is log out of Netflix. Close any stream. Reopen Anystream. Log back into Netflix again and U2 will have 1080 P. No apologies. The next time you post, please start your own thread

1. Log out of Netflix in AnyStream
2. Close AnyStream - Important
3. Open AnyStream-Important
Log back into Netflix and you will have 1080p restored.

Last edited:
Back