• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need some things cleared up before I buy.

RTWilliams2

First, let me say that I am only interested in creating image files. I know that I'm going to buy AnyDVD HD with a lifetime license, but I'm not sure about the other programs. Is CloneCD ever going to rip and write BluRay like it does with DVDs and CDs? If so, then I will also buy CloneCD.

Is CloneBD, CloneDVD, or CloneDVDmobile only necessary if I want to rip the main movie or take certain features out? As I said before, I'm only interested in creating images as my backups.

What about CloneCD supporting BluRay eventually? Any idea if that is something that is going to happen?

What about CloneCD supporting BluRay eventually? Any idea if that is something that is going to happen?

CloneCD can already create an ISO image from a Blu-Ray disc by ripping it to the HDD. The problem is it cannot burn to Blu-Ray media in general. It has been said that the ability will be coming but I don't know when.

That's all I needed to know. I will definitely be purchasing AnyDVD HD and CloneCD.

Thanks for the help.

That's all I needed to know. I will definitely be purchasing AnyDVD HD and CloneCD.

Thanks for the help.

No problem. I will point out two things, btw.

• When you go to create an ISO image with CloneCD it initially and by default selects to output to the .DVD image format. Use the drop-down menu and select Image instead so create an ISO.
  • When running through the menus for selecting the disc to copy and the type you will select DVD. There isn't an option for HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. That's merely cosmetic. When you have created your image if you mount it you'll see that the media type is BD-R as it should be.

So, I have to select "image", put the file name as dvdtitle".iso", then save it? I've noticed using the trial that even when I didn't do that it would create an iso file but it also created the .dvd file.

So, I have to select "image", put the file name as dvdtitle".iso", then save it? I've noticed using the trial that even when I didn't do that it would create an iso file but it also created the .dvd file.

Yes. Select the drive to create the image from, then select DVD, then when you get to the Image File name page click Browse, use the drop-down menu to select Image, and then enter filename to use for the ISO and change the .DVD extension to .ISO.

Yes. Select the drive to create the image from, then select DVD, then when you get to the Image File name page click Browse, use the drop-down menu to select Image, and then enter filename to use for the ISO and change the .DVD extension to .ISO.

I don't think you need or should rename the .dvd extension.

I don't think you need or should rename the .dvd extension.

Ahhh... You are correct. If you don't change the extension a small .DVD file with info is created and the resulting image is automatically created as an ISO image. I was confused about that. Sorry. :eek:

Back