• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need help configuring Reclock with MPC-HC to play Blu Ray..having no sound or wrong

shaolin95

Hi!
I am trying to configure Reclock on Vista64.
I am using MPC-HC 32bit and would like to know which is the most efficient way of having reclock working with Blu Ray rips.
Right now I am running it using ffdshow video and then based on the PINs info, the signal goes from Haali to AC3 and from AC3 to Reclock and then Reclock encodes it since I am using SPDIF (planning to use analog soon to save some CPU cycles).

I can run all MKV rips I have done fine but recently Ive been liking doing full BLU RAY rips and with that I get no sound with my current config.
At one point I was able to get sound and the filters that were loading were SPDIFER, AC3 and ffdshow audio with Haali splitter also showing up in the filter section of MPC-HC giving me a clear option to select languages and subtitles. MPC internal audio switcher was also on but under my current config I get garbled sound if I leave the audio switcher on.

BTW, the way I lost the config was weird as I wasnt even playing with the sound, just testing some color correction with avisynth.

Hope someone can offer some advice on how to make this work again.
Regards

Am I really the only one having this issue?
Leeperry you around? :)

What?! You dont use mpc....I am totally confused, what are you using ffdshow then with KMP or something like that? Perhaps ZP?

What?! You dont use mpc....I am totally confused, what are you using ffdshow then with KMP or something like that? Perhaps ZP?
KMPlayer yeah, w/ Haali's Renderer
and when I encounter bugs, its main coder fixes them very quickly.

the MPC guys are mostly focused on useless stuff like DXVA, and now VCD/SVCD playback...when what is really required is a decent GUI :rolleyes:

ZP6 is nice, but its Haali presenter sucks(on XP at least).

Last edited:
I cant never achieve the same speed with KMP though.
Care to share your settings.
One thing that drives me crazy is not having a way with MPC to manage the graphs as it seems my filters just connect anyway they want no matter what merits you use...pretty much I keep trying until I get them right.
What are you using with KMP to get audio from BluRay rips (not mkv)?
Thanks

you have to disable the internal filters and run in "superspeed" mode.

it's like ZP6, you really need to get the hang of it....but I'd say that KMP is a lot more user friendly.

well MPC doesn't let you select any filters so it's all about merits....but you can use the MPC HC standalone filters in KMP :D

I haven't played a genuine /BDMV/ folder in a while, I might try that again.

Please let me know if you do. Its funny but with MPC under XP I can select the audio and for the most part it automatically selects the correct one but not with MPC under Vista 64.

whine in the official thread, your best option at this point..

clsid doesnt use reclock and with all the feature requesting lately, it would be ignored! :D

I thought Reclock would only work on 32 bits OS :confused:

some very smart ppl on doom9 expect MPC to do Reclock's job on 64 bits OS....they want 24fps movies in 60Hz w/o any resampling...because resampling is evil afrojojo.gif

and OTOH they play audio through DS :D

Last edited:
It actually works fine for me on Vista 64 and my display does 48Hz.
I know what you mean about unreal expections and also about people complaining on "hurting" sound quality yet using MP3s as main musical source.....totally insane! LOL
Flac all the way!!

damn the Liteon DH-401S BD drive is selling for 55 euros here in france...tempting, tempting :D

damn the Liteon DH-401S BD drive is selling for 55 euros here in france...tempting, tempting :D
Get the LG BD & HD DVD combo drive. You can get HD DVD movies for a few bucks now. ;)

some very smart ppl on doom9 expect MPC to do Reclock's job on 64 bits OS....they want 24fps movies in 60Hz w/o any resampling...because resampling is evil afrojojo.gif

... and watch PAL DVDs with 25fps "high pitched" voices.
;)

Get the LG BD & HD DVD combo drive. You can get HD DVD movies for a few bucks now. ;)
I think I read that these drives had problems w/ dual layer BD's ? also a lot of HD DVD's are 29.97 and need to be IVTC'ed to 23.976....I don't like the sound of that :eek:
... and watch PAL DVDs with 25fps "high pitched" voices. ;)
now you're being sarcastic :D

Last edited:
Back