• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need Definitive answer AnyDVD HD vs Imgburn ISO

TheSaber007

Okay I have gone to all ends of the Earth (web) and to various forums and have never been able to find this answer. It always ends up with users who prefer one over another saying which one is better. So I will give a try here.

I want to backup my Blu-ray collection to hard drive by putting them into an ISO format. Now the 2 programs that seem to favored in terms of doing ISO's of a Blu-ray is of course AnyDVD HD and Imgburn. Now I know some will say one is faster than the other, or one removes this or that. That isn't so much my concern. Here is my concern.

I want to have an exact 1:1 image of my collection. I am not worried about if it takes 10 minutes to do it in one program and 20 minutes in another. What I am looking for is there going to be any, any video/audio/visual/sound/codec/bitrate anything dealing with results of the image in which that if I had superman's vision I could tell there is pixelation in Imgburn Iso vs AnyDVD HD iso, or the audio is clearer in Imgburn than Anydvd HD's ISO.

I have tried to do a verify of iso's (anydvd hd vs an imgburn iso), after nearly 3 hours for one movie, it doesn't really say if there is any difference in the final result, just that both iso images match. It doesn't confirm or deny whether the video or audio is going to be any better with anydvd or imgburn. Right now I am having to use both programs, and hence wasting space on my hard drive I use to keep backup copies of my movie collection. Right now I have 2, 4tb drives that are near full. I don't want to have to go buy yet another, when of that 8TB total, 4tb are imgburn and 4tb are anydvd of the same blu-ray movie I have. I also don't want to change codecs, formats, reduce size, or anything like that. If my movie is 48GB, then I will give it 48GB on the Hard Drive.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated, including any official links that spell it out for individuals like myself that are no where near an expert on all the finer details of software that backups via iso your DVD and Blu-rays.

Thank you for your time in reading this and any help you provide.

There's no difference between using Imgburn or AnyDVD HD to make the ISO. The only differences would be whether you make a protected or unprotected ISO. Neither program messes with audio or video. If you want to make an unprotected ISO then you need to check what you have set in AnyDVD HD for your Blu-ray settings as this can make difference on the final outcome, but it still won't make any difference to the video and audio quality only to things such as region code removal, Disabling of BD-Live and other such tweaks.

Also having read the part about comparing 2 ISO's and not getting any differences then that means they are bit for bit identical so there would be absolutely no difference between the 2 on playback. If either of them had inferior video or audio over the other then the ISO files wouldn't match as they'd have different data inside them

Last edited:
Back