• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

my playback problem with Sleeping Beauty Blu-ray

WeeJockPooPongMcPlop

whenever I have AnyDVD-HD active neither PowerDVD nor TMT will play Sleeping Beauty.

The disc plays fine if I do not have AnyDVD-HD running.

I will provide a log file later when I return home.

Thanks
Keith

Last edited:
Yes AnyDVD with default settings.

I am at my work at the moment but will confirm all of this when I return home later.

Thanks
Keith

whenever I have AnyDVD-HD active neither PowerDVD nor TMT will play Sleeping Beauty.

The disc plays fine if I do not have AnyDVD-HD running.

I will provide a log file later when I return home.

Thanks
Keith

Which ver. of PDVD? I used UltraISO to create a protected iso of Sleeping Beauty and it plays without issue using 7.3.4407 and AnyDVD HD 6.4.7.1 enabled.

Logfile attached.

Plays in PDVD 7.3 as a previous post confirms.

Does not play in PDVD 8 or TMT patch 125.

I'll contact both these companies to see why.

Thanks
Keith

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_SLEEPINGBEAUTY_D1.zip
    194.1 KB · Views: 8
Have you tried rolling back to a previous version of pdvd 8? It looks like the latest patches broke the java on discs like this and Iron Man. Try 1830 if you have it or the first 2021U patch with 729(ultra) in the name.

This probably won't help. However . . .

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.7.1)

1. Update to Anydvd 6.4.7.3 beta: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6473.exe

PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01

Update your drive's firmware:
http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/cgi-bin/www1/download/file_get_e2.pl?file=BDC202_FW107EU.EXE

Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Blu-ray disc Region set to A!

3. Is the disc you're using from Region A? Just wondering

Last edited:
The disc is Region A, and I am using the latest beta AnyDVD, oopps no using 7.1 - I'll upgrade to 7.3 thanks.

As far as Cyberlink and Arcsoft are concerned as the disc plays without AnyDVD running then it won't be they're problem ( as they see it ), and in all honesty nothing is stopping me watching this disc ( I don't rip to media servers ), but I do like using it to grab screen shots of the disc I'm viewing and can only do this with TMT and AnyDVD.

Thanks
Keith

Last edited:
That's because according to your log you're not running on the latest PDVD 8, and the one you have installed is 2 or 3 versions back which works with Ironman

Yeah, I tend not to upgrade just for the sheer sake of it, if it works then leave it well alone is my overriding philosophy. Too many times have I heard of people upgrading only to find certainly functionality broken. That update to Catalyst which killed BluRay playback stone dead for instance :clap:

KH

Well I upgraded to the latest AnyDVD 7.3 beta and updated my drive firmware, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

As you indicated though this doesn't help any.

Even tried the latest patch of PowerDVD as well, and when trying to play this disc without AnyDVD it just decides to exit unceremoniously back to Vista... no warning... no nothing :bang: So that'll be getting uninstalled lol, software you've got to love it... why cant they have good QA like you guys ? I'm adding my voice fo you to produce a BD player also :agree: ( but hey as a software developer myself I know the intricacies of embarking on such a project )

I can use patch 125 of TMT though, browse the disc structure and play individual MTS files with AnyDVD running.

It appears that it just refuses to play ( well techincally starts then immediately stops ) when starting the disc from scratch.

KH

[EDIT] After reading the IronMan thread tried latest PDVD patch with AnyDVD running and although PDVD no longer just bombs out I just get a black screen, NADA, with with Play or Resume, time to contact Cyberlink though cause that latest patch is far from stable.

Last edited:
If you read through the Ironman thread ou'd know it doesn't work with the latest 8 2201a, Have you tried using the latest 7.3 4407?

Not really, it plays past the Java loading screen then all I get is a screen with one twinkling star in it and some background audio.

KH

Odd question, but have you tried playing the original in the PS3? I haven't ripped my copy of SB yet, but when I played it in my HTPC the first time, the Blu-ray updated something on my system.

I don't have a PS3, just a HTPC.

I don't use AnyDVD to rip just to get around region coding issues, although it's ripping functionality has helped me in the past specifically Spiderman Trilogy which initially refused to play from disc but would from a ripped Hard drive copy.

I'm looking into this whole DEP stuff now as it seems many fourms are pointing the finger there.

KH

Here are some other things to try:

1. Clean install of the hi def software player? Most software programs don't remove the files in windows/prefetch.

2. Do a test run to see if your are building a compliant Blu-ray structure on a BD-5 blank disk and see if it will play in your PS3 or Blu-ray player.

3. Are you burning the disk with UDF 2.5?

:)

Here are some other things to try:

1. Clean install of the hi def software player? Most software programs don't remove the files in windows/prefetch.

2. Do a test run to see if your are building a compliant Blu-ray structure on a BD-5 blank disk and see if it will play in your PS3 or Blu-ray player.

3. Are you burning the disk with UDF 2.5?

:)

I am not ripping the disc, simply playing the original. I thought I had made that plain.

KH

Weejock,
Just to clear up some confusion, there are two people asking about the SB disk, you and disblufan. dis is asking about the rips to play on his ps3 and they are answering both of you in this post

Hi there,

it works with PowerDVD 8 (latest version) and AnyDVD as long as you don't remove the region code. I am located in Region B and had to change my Blu Ray drive to Region A and uncheck 'Remove Blu-Ray Region Code' to make it work.

This is the output for the non working configuration :

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.7.6)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.07 08/05/29PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 18416448 sectors (35969 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SLEEPINGBEAUTY_D1
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): A
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
Removed UOPs!
Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!
Removed annoying trailers!

And here is the output for the working one :

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.7.6)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.07 08/05/29PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 18416448 sectors (35969 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SLEEPINGBEAUTY_D1
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Removed UOPs!

Back