• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

multiple languages

florian78

Hi,

I know it is on the feature list. but still not marked as confirmed and will be done.
In my opinion it would be very nice to have the possibility to get more than one language as audio.
the original language is often English and it would be nice to have the option to switch between English and the native language e.g. German.

Currently I only see the way to have the movie downloaded twice and then I would have to manually edit it...
Or is there any other easy cheasy way to fulfill this with a kind of workaround?

Thank you for any hint!

Br, Florian

Until multi-audio support is added (and no, redfox doesn't do ETA's) the only fix is a double download wich you can decrease in time by setting the 2nd download to the smallest resolution possible.

just a noob question. how do you edit two languages in one file? what is common (best) practice to achieve two languages in one file?
to rephrase the question: what is the best way to get two mp4 files with different languages to one mp4 file with selectable audio sources (from the video player)?
Thank you!

Br, Florian

just a noob question. how do you edit two languages in one file? what is common (best) practice to achieve two languages in one file?
to rephrase the question: what is the best way to get two mp4 files with different languages to one mp4 file with selectable audio sources (from the video player)?
Thank you!

Br, Florian
You can use MKV Toolnix. Import both files and uncheck one video stream, of course the lowest one if you did a fast download the second time. You could also look for ffmpeg, but this is a cmd tool and I don't know how the command would look like.

You can use MKV Toolnix. Import both files and uncheck one video stream, of course the lowest one if you did a fast download the second time. You could also look for ffmpeg, but this is a cmd tool and I don't know how the command would look like.
Thanks for the hint!

While MKV Toolnix is good, I prefer TSMuxer. Demuxing and Remuxing take a view seconds.
You'll get a TS container, but for me it doesn't matter.
When I use MKVToolnix, it also takes only a few seconds. But I don't know about TSMuxer.

None. It just demuxes the video container into their seperate video and audio streams and merges them back into the new video container format.

Think of it like unwrapping a present cause you don't like the wrapping paper, and wrapping it into a different paper. The contents remains untouched.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

so no recoding or similar is done, right?
It only takes the streams and put them together in a new format (in my case mkv). But the streams will still be 1080p or whatever you got from AS. Otherwise it would take more than only a few seconds.

Yes, thank you too - works perfect!

Unfortunately when I use the mkvtoolnix GUI and mux an additional audio track in the video file, I lose the subtitles. Is there a way to avoid this?

might be a way, but the way i solved this it to grab the subbs in SRT format and mux them with MKVtoolnix
But you can also leave the subbs as external files if you want.
Example
Videoname.mkv
Videoname.eng.srt

Sounds good. What do I need to extract the subtitles? And how do I mix them back?

What do I need to extract the subtitles? And how do I mix them back?
If you already have muxed a mkv file, you can extract tracks with gMKVExtractGUI but normally you have a separated srt when grabbed with AS (as Xander stated).

PS: My player can handle external srt file - no need to mux them in mkv or other containers. Other players my act differently.

For the sake of completeness, the command in ffmpeg would look like this:
Code:
ffmpeg -i {FIRST FILE} -i {SECCOND FILE} -map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:0 {-map 0:s} -map 1:a:0 -c copy {TARGET FILE}

With:
{FIRST FILE} - The full path to the file with 1. language and higher video quality, enclosed in "DOUBLE QUOTES"
{SECCOND FILE} - The full path to the file with 2. language enclosed in "DOUBLE QUOTES". Video quality doesn't matter here, it will be dumped.
{-map 0:s} - Optional parameter, only necessary if you downloaded subtitles to the 1. file.
{TARGET FILE} - The full path where you want the result to go.

Since ffmpeg is command line based, it is a bit geeky, but easily capable of batch processing if you want to merge your favorite show with 100 episodes. ;)

Since no encoding is done, it will finish within seconds.

Let me add my two cents - without hurrying anyone, just to add some perspective into consideration.

I managed to find an app which seems to download multiple 5.1 audio tracks per video (all tracks, if selected) and manages videos in bulk (e.g. per season or per show), but I use it usually only for this, as it's not decrypting (but reencoding) video stream and it's buggy. AnyStream, on the other side, simply downloads tracks and decrypts them if necessary, but sometimes I've got a choice:
  • to have a single file with all subtitles and single audio track
  • or try struggling with the other program, possibly setting up AnyStream to save subs in TTML (SRT seems to be buggy, as it doesn't save some languages properly) and playing with some muxing software.
Considering that I'm trying to have possibility to watch content on "dumb" or offline devices, I sometimes watch movies in different combination:
  • In original, especially if it's a particular English variant or other language I know, possibly with captions
  • With assistive description for low-vision/blind viewers, if the original track supports one
  • In my native language, if available (usually with subs of "forced" type)
  • Combo of previous two points - my language with assistive description
I would like to see additional audio support, as it is considered in feature wishlist thread, because right now I have either a single file per video (but with single audio only), or I have to play with external tools, possibly with several manual edits (e.g. when some subs are forced). Basically what I would like to achieve is to have single video with all needed audio tracks and all subs - just for my comfort of watching on my "dumb" or older devices, when I, for example, I can't understand or properly see something and need audio clarification (many NF shows have audio track with assistive description in movie's original language), possibly with proper language/feature label and "forced" tag, if possible).

I prefer using devices as long as I can without putting too much effort, but I'm writing it because I see I'm not alone in using older ones - many people with disabilities used Windows XP long after its support ended, nowadays I still see people with Windows 7 or 8.1 because switching to Windows 10 is too cumbersome for them. The other thing is an experience as native as possible - I would like to see an option where VoD services are gathered in single interface with unified control, but until then (if it ever happens) I prefer to download movies/shows I like and watch it my way. Without struggling with hell of format mess and all the muxers. ;)

Sorry for long post, hope I did not bother too much. Just wanted to point why the feature may be important. :)

Hi,

I know it is on the feature list. but still not marked as confirmed and will be done.
In my opinion it would be very nice to have the possibility to get more than one language as audio.
the original language is often English and it would be nice to have the option to switch between English and the native language e.g. German.

+1 for multiple language download.
Thanks for the great work so far!

For the sake of completeness, the command in ffmpeg would look like this:
Code:
ffmpeg -i {FIRST FILE} -i {SECCOND FILE} -map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:0 {-map 0:s} -map 1:a:0 -c copy {TARGET FILE}

<snip>

if your {TARGET FILE} is an mp4 container, you might want to add two extra options:
Code:
-brand mp42
to make the resulting file a compliant container (`isom' as major brand is forbidden by the standard, yet ffmpeg devs don't seem to care), and

Code:
-movflags faststart
to move the `moov' box to the start of the file to speed up streaming :)

Back