• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mr. Brooks BD+ Removal Glitch

Well, that obviously applies to me too.

From the huge fuss everyone is making about this, I expected this problem to be much easier to see - but so far I still have yet to find a single frame with a glitch.

Unfortunately, all BD+ titles we have here at the moment are AVC.
I have mplayerc/coreavc too, though I didn't have any luck in getting that combination to play any of my m2ts files at all.

Maybe you can give me, a video newbie, a simple walkthrough on how I can reproduce that problem, so we can all soon go back to routine? ;)

Well surely with all the Slysoft revenue you can afford to drop $20 on a Mpeg-2 Robocop/Ronin disc :)

Anyways, I would grab MPC, CoreAVC, and Haali Media Splitter. It's pretty easy to get it to work. Just disable the internal MPC TS splitter. Add Haali to the preferred External Filters list. As well as CoreAVC. Then drag in the m2ts. Watch it, and watch closely for glitches. Grabbing the mpeg-2 titles and going to the exact timecode will produce a visual glitch.

It's a PROVEN FACT that there are mpeg-2 glitches in the output from the mpeg-2 titles. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be BD+ free, but for us perfectionists ("The look and sound of perfect!")....1 1-frame glitch is 1 too many, especially when it's not there when it's BD+'ed...I'm sure it's just a small coding error, etc etc. I/we perfectionists wanted to just make it noted there is a small problem. That's all.......don't take offense....

I'm going to do some more research on the AVC titles and will surely compile a list with timecodes for y'all.

Still taking applications for beta testers? :p

If you, once more, rip and de-BD+ the same titles showing the 'glitches' now, do the 'glitches' appear back again at the same time/frame? Or do they appear at other positions?

-----------------

If you, once more, rip and de-BD+ the same titles showing the 'glitches' now, do the 'glitches' appear back again at the same time/frame? Or do they appear at other positions?

-----------------

I should get my Robocop disk back today or tomorrow, so I'll have a look & report back.

I guess it's possible that any glitches are introduced by creating a BD+ free rip from an already ripped title that still has BD+ intact. I'll post back ASAP with my findings on Robocop.

Well surely with all the Slysoft revenue you can afford to drop $20 on a Mpeg-2 Robocop/Ronin disc :)

Sure, that's been ordered some time ago - time is the problem.

Anyways, I would grab MPC, CoreAVC, and Haali Media Splitter. It's pretty easy to get it to work. Just disable the internal MPC TS splitter. Add Haali to the preferred External Filters list. As well as CoreAVC. Then drag in the m2ts. Watch it, and watch closely for glitches. Grabbing the mpeg-2 titles and going to the exact timecode will produce a visual glitch.

Ok, seems all I needed was an updated version of mplayerc...

I should get my Robocop disk back today or tomorrow, so I'll have a look & report back.

I guess it's possible that any glitches are introduced by creating a BD+ free rip from an already ripped title that still has BD+ intact. I'll post back ASAP with my findings on Robocop.

Thanks. But I was not clear enough. What happens if you rip and de-Bluray twice or three times the same original (the same original that has caused problems, ie. Robocop, etc)? Do the glitches or artifacts appear every time at the same position? Or is this random?

Thanks. But I was not clear enough. What happens if you rip and de-Bluray twice or three times the same original (the same original that has caused problems, ie. Robocop, etc)? Do the glitches or artifacts appear every time at the same position? Or is this random?
Glitches appear in the same place.

I was not expecting that to happen.

Either those titles are not fully "de-blurayed" yet or this is a result of every user's combined hardware/software. But then....

- Why some people report no glitches with the same title? Are they different regions?

- Even if this is a result of everyone' profile it is damn hard that the glitches occur again at the same place.

No, I understood you.

I was saying I'd check to see, and am re-ripping my disk now.

I'll see if I notice the same thing as Alanisrox69 does.

Well, that obviously applies to me too.

From the huge fuss everyone is making about this, I expected this problem to be much easier to see - but so far I still have yet to find a single frame with a glitch.

Unfortunately, all BD+ titles we have here at the moment are AVC.
I have mplayerc/coreavc too, though I didn't have any luck in getting that combination to play any of my m2ts files at all.

Maybe you can give me, a video newbie, a simple walkthrough on how I can reproduce that problem, so we can all soon go back to routine? ;)

I have the same results as Peer on this one, I can't find a single frame with a glitch. For reference, I'm using the Region A release. I have been parsing through frame by frame, and its been perfect quality.

I have the same results as Peer on this one, I can't find a single frame with a glitch. For reference, I'm using the Region A release. I have been parsing through frame by frame, and its been perfect quality.

Glitch fixed
No need to go on theorizing.
I already fixed that problem. Also Hitman (and similar films) will work now.
We'll have a beta tonight or tomorrow, I guess.

I know Peer found the issue and will be issuing a fix soon, but, I just wanted to report back that I did indeed have glitching occuring in the Simpsons movie at 25:26. Fortunately for me this is a pure image and was not processed by AnyDVD so when AnyDVD is updated no more glitch. Simpsons is AVC. Again, I realize this is being fixed as we speak but I simply wanted to verify what I had previously posted as I was unsure before.

Great, thanks.

Well, for what it's worth, here's the new log. Peer/James have already issues the statement that there is a glitch.

Will re-rip when the new beta comes out. The audio can't be found in this .ts as it's DTS.

Note, the log was very long, so I've edited out 99% of it.

Code:
MPEG2Repair: F:\Robo.ts

Sequence Frame 0(0-X) / Time 0:00:00 :

Warning: Unknown audio stream type of 0 assumed to be 0x81-AC3. Please make sure audio works in repaired file.

Sequence Frame 17207(7-B) / Time 0:11:57 :

VideoWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.125133 sec. ending at file offset 1977734285

VideoWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.125133 sec. ending at file offset 1978412965

VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 1015.  Timestamp gap of 95443.468506 sec. ending at file offset 1979074720

Info: End of MPEG2 sequence

Sequence Summary:

File Size Processed: 15.93 GB, Play Time: 01h:43m:14s

1920 x 1080, 23.98 fps, 39.00 Mbps (20.73 Mbps Average).

Average Video Quality: 105.56 KB/Frame, 0.42 Bits/Pixel.

Unknown Audio.

1 of 148522 video frames found with errors.

0 of 0 audio frames found with errors.

1795 corrupted video bytes in file.

10021590.470783 seconds of video timestamp gaps.

0.000000 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

End of Log

Here's the last log, so it's a different error.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=97225&postcount=29

I'd done a lot of processing on that rip though, so that could be why.

Last edited:
Back