• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mount a virtual "blank CD"?

I know I can mount a CD image and read from it but wondering if I can mount a "blank CD" and write to it? I am developing some software and would like the freedom to write "CDs" and read them back again without having to actually burn a CD. Thanks!

That should be possible if you use IMGBurn in read mode. CloneDVD2 might be able to do that too, though they may give an error since if you insert a blank disc, theres no data for either application to read and turn into an iso

@CaribbeanBlues
The probably best apps for such purpose are Phantom Burner (Phantombility) and Phantom Drive (H+H Software).

Another approach would be to create image files (ISO, CUE/BIN etc.) and mount them in a virtual CD/DVD drive.
This could be done with the already mentioned freeware ImgBurn (Build Mode = 'Create image file form files/folders')
& a virtual drive app like Virtual CloneDrive, Daemon Tools lite or DVDFab Virtual Drive (those 3 are free for non-commercial use as well).

Although not freeware, I use and can recommend VirtualCD v10. This software not only allows writing to a CD image, but also DVDs and BDs as well, in many different formats (I think even HD DVD is supported!). My 5-license bundle was $60US).

My first use of it was on a netbook which doesn't have a built-in CD/DVD drive. I was able to use its backup utility with VirtualCD to make images that I could xsfer-and-burn on another PC.

Although not freeware, I use and can recommend VirtualCD v10.
Phantom Drive (also by H+H Software) offers the virtual burner capability the OP is looking for ...for 19,95 $
But granted, a single license of VCD 10 is comparatively low priced as well (34,95 $) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back