• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Moon cannot read disc but plays fine in DVD ...

Suntower

Just got 'Moon'... no not 'New Moon'. It plays fine in the Samsung home DVD player but it will not play in my computer. In fact it shows up as being an empty disc in windows explorer.

AnyDVD senses there is a disc, but can't read it either.

I'm going to try and exchange this now, but I thought you'd want to know. Attaching log file.

Any ideas?

---JC

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.4_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 6
The only thing i can see from that very limited log is this. A bad filter that is known to cause potential problems with AnyDVD

Problematic Filter ASAPIW2K.sys VOB Computersysteme GmbH:
Code:
ASAPIW2k (System32\Drivers\ASAPIW2K.sys), Version: 6.0.0.1 (6.0.0.1)
Company: VOB Computersysteme GmbH
Product: asapi
Copyright: (c) 1997-2001 by VOB Computersysteme GmbH
Description: ASAPI
FileVersion: 6, 0, 0, 1
ProductVersion: 6, 0, 0, 1
Refer here for an list of known problematic filters. Further filter information here

Remove the filter(s):

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so.
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware).
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order...
  4. Select "ASAPIW2K". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot.

Whatever programs installed the filter may no longer work properly.
Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.
It is not recommended that you do so, however, because the problem will likely happen again at a later time

This is from Pinnacle Studio. I removed it and AnyDVD recognised it. (Of course, I've had no issues with these two working together before.)

But then... I got the dreaded FileIO error in the middle of the rip. So... back it goes!

Thanks. Good info to have for future issues, though.

---JC

The only thing i can see from that very limited log is this. A bad filter that is known to cause potential problems with AnyDVD

Problematic Filter ASAPIW2K.sys VOB Computersysteme GmbH:
Code:
ASAPIW2k (System32\Drivers\ASAPIW2K.sys), Version: 6.0.0.1 (6.0.0.1)
Company: VOB Computersysteme GmbH
Product: asapi
Copyright: (c) 1997-2001 by VOB Computersysteme GmbH
Description: ASAPI
FileVersion: 6, 0, 0, 1
ProductVersion: 6, 0, 0, 1
Refer here for an list of known problematic filters. Further filter information here

Remove the filter(s):

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so.
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware).
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order...
  4. Select "ASAPIW2K". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot.

Whatever programs installed the filter may no longer work properly.
Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.
It is not recommended that you do so, however, because the problem will likely happen again at a later time

Well glad removing the filter fixed your disc recognition problem. Bad discs can happen, hope you'll have more luck with the next one

This is from Pinnacle Studio. I removed it and AnyDVD recognised it. (Of course, I've had no issues with these two working together before.)

But then... I got the dreaded FileIO error in the middle of the rip. So... back it goes!

Thanks. Good info to have for future issues, though.

---JC
At least you can now create a logfile of the disc, not just the empty drive. (Moon is a Sony title, so I'm suspicious).

Back