• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Monsters University jumping between spanish and english frames, stuttering

PuNiSh3R

No problems using Anydvd beta 7.3.5.1 and Clonedvd. Took at least 5 min or so to scan and at least maybe 3 min to create logfile but other than that playback is flawless.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 7.3.5.1, BDPHash.bin 13-08-02)
TSSTCORP CDRWDVD TSL462D DE10 DE
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084112 sectors (4070 MBytes)
Total size: 4163808 sectors (8132 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MONSTERS_UNIVERSITY
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 18 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.5.1_Info_D_MONSTERS_UNIVERSITY.ziplog
    993.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
There could be other factors as well...like dirty laser lens or worn drive mechanisms or A/V running and blocking the software from working correctly. As you mentioned that the copy if I read it right plays without problems. So what does it do when you play the Source media does take just as long for the player software to read the media?

There could be other factors as well...like dirty laser lens or worn drive mechanisms or A/V running and blocking the software from working correctly.

No, this is normal for this disc. AnyDVD just has to read a lot of stuff. But next time the disc is inserted, it will be much faster, as AnyDVD caches the scan results.

There could be other factors as well...like dirty laser lens or worn drive mechanisms or A/V running and blocking the software from working correctly. As you mentioned that the copy if I read it right plays without problems. So what does it do when you play the Source media does take just as long for the player software to read the media?

No it plays fine right away :agree:

VLC 2.08 playing VOB14.1 jumps into a Spanish video track every time English text appears in the movie. Is that a VLC bug or AnyDVD 7360 bug?

FFMPEG doesn't fare much better, complains at what might be cell size boundaries that
[mpeg @ 02422940] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 2: 378
879501 >= 378879501
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument
Several movies do this, I usually use VLC to null-encode/repair, but doesn't work on this one.

Logfile: View attachment AnyDVD_7.3.5.0_Info_D_MONSTERS_UNIVERSITY.ziplog

VLC 2.08 playing VOB track 14 briefly jumps into a Spanish video track every time English text appears in the movie, then immediately jumps back, and the audio track underflows. Is that a VLC bug or AnyDVD 7360 bug? Is there some deleted javascript that is supposed to figure out which chunks to play?

FFMPEG doesn't fare much better, complains at what might be cell size boundaries that
[mpeg @ 02422940] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 2: 378
879501 >= 378879501
Several movies do this, I usually use VLC to null-encode/repair, but doesn't work on this one. I continue to try various tricks. I am only keeping the main MP2 and AC3 tracks.

When using AnyDVD, i usually use VobMerge 2.55 to make one VOB out of the 4-8 VOB files. But even the original AnyDVD-copied VOB14.1 has the english/spanish frames.

VLC 2.08 playing VOB track 14 briefly jumps into a Spanish video track every time English text appears in the movie, then immediately jumps back, and the audio track underflows. Is that a VLC bug or AnyDVD 7360 bug? Is there some deleted javascript that is supposed to figure out which chunks to play?

879501 >= 378879501
Several movies do this, I usually use VLC to null-encode/repair, but doesn't work on this one. I continue to try various tricks. I am only keeping the main MP2 and AC3 tracks.

When using AnyDVD, i usually use VobMerge 2.55 to make one VOB out of the 4-8 VOB files. But even the original AnyDVD-copied VOB14.1 has the english/spanish frames.

My workflow usually uses dvd decrypter, and usually the better protected discs get treated by AnyDVD.

Adding log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.5.0_Info_D_MONSTERS_UNIVERSITY.ziplog
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 0

879501 >= 378879501

My workflow usually uses dvd decrypter, and usually the better protected discs get treated by AnyDVD.

Adding log file.

This is normal for multi angle discs. You cant play their vob files. You can use CloneDVD mobile to create correct single angle vobs.

Back