• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mono audio sources stops every 2 seconds when using ReClock.

ter1

mono audio sources stops every 2 seconds when using ReClock audio renderer. Please fix this issue.

I need to expand mono to 2 channels to allow ReClock work correctly.

The latest 1.8.4.4 has above issue.

I'm using DVBViewer Pro 4.1.1 to watch satellite TV channels. I used ffdshow audio filter as mp2 decoder and selected ReClock filter as audio renderer. You know some TV channels are mono, and ffdshow will output mono 16-bit PCM to ReClock, then there will be high-pitched sound/stop alternatively every 2 seconds.

I need to check "Mixer" in ffdshow audio decoder and in "Output speakers configuration" to select "stereo" to expand the mono source to stereo. Then the above mentioned issue gone. So I think this should be a ReClock issue that can't handle mono correctly and this will be easily reproducible.

Anyway, I'll attach log files later today.

I checked "Enable logging" in "Advanced settings" tab, but I can't find the log file.

I think this issue is easily reproducible, so if you still need logs, please tell how to generate the log files.

Thanks much!

The log file is in your "Documents"/"My Documents" folder

The log file is in your "Documents"/"My Documents" folder

Thanks! I attached the log here.

First I didn't use "Mixer" in ffdshow filter, the sound will stop at intervals. Then I checked "Mixer" to expand mono to stereo, the sound became normal.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 4
bump.. 1.8.4.5 still have this issue.
If ffdshow output mono to this render, the sound will be abnormal.

Hope this issue can be addressed soon.

you can still use ffdshow's mixing matrix to turn it into dual mono

Yes, I know, but this is only the workaround. Sometimes it's not good to fix the output channel to 2.0 in ffdshow mixing.

I'm not saying your problem is not related to Reclock, but it must also be something specific to your config. I cannot reproduce the problem you describe (on XP SP3), either outputing mono from MPC-HC (using audio switcher) or from ffdshow. Are you using ffdshow tryout beta6 or a daily build? Have you got default Reclock settings or have you been playing with latencies and/or pre-buffer size?

I'm not saying your problem is not related to Reclock, but it must also be something specific to your config. I cannot reproduce the problem you describe (on XP SP3), either outputing mono from MPC-HC (using audio switcher) or from ffdshow. Are you using ffdshow tryout beta6 or a daily build? Have you got default Reclock settings or have you been playing with latencies and/or pre-buffer size?

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 RC with latest 32-bit ffdshow daily build in DVBViewer Pro 4.2.

Mono satellite channels audio output to DirectSound or Digital Output audio renderers has no such issue. If to Reclock, the issue's there.

I'm using following config in Reclock:

09071222222eb5595b8c1fae76.jpg

Yours is a very different environment. Not saying any of this will help, but if it were me:

- I would try putting pre-buffer back to 500ms, just to see.

- I would try not using WASAPI, just to possibly narrow down the problem.

- I would try disabling timestretching.

- I would try ffdshow beta6 in place of a daily build.

Back