• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MKV header title field

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
I'm requesting an option in settings to change the behavior of the MKV header title field so that it can be set to the disc name rather than the currently selected title.

The reason for this request is that I add my MKV's to JRiver MC. Because the MKV header title field is set to the selected title, I see things like "Main Title #1". I have to use MKV Toolkit to edit the header and change the title name so that the metadata is correct in my library. That's a real pain.

It would be nice to have an option to use the disc name rather than the selected title. Thanks!

That's already possible, afaik unless i'm misinterpreting your request. In the title selection screen, click the title name (in your case Main Title #1), enter your name of choice and hit continue. It'll append that to the filename or you could just edit the field "resulting files" before you hit begin conversion. The name you enter in that field should then be used as the actual title name.

That's not what I asked for. Of course I can go change it by manually doing so. That's also a pain. I'm asking for an option to automatically use the disc title instead of the titleset name.

Ah then i misunderstood things. But to be fair, is it that hard to remove the "extra bit"? But i won't disagree it would be nice to have it just use the discs volume name.

It isn't about removing anything. The filename is irrelevant. When a file is added to the library they used the metadata embedded in the mkv header to determine the title. So anything I rip with clonebd shows up as main title for the most part. Yes I can edit it manually either in clonebd on the title selection screen or with mkvtools but it'd really be nice to just have clonebd default to the disc name as an option. Would make my life much easier.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It isn't about removing anything. The filename is irrelevant. When a file is added to the library they used the metadata embedded in the mkv header to determine the title. So anything I rip with clonebd shows up as main title for the most part. Yes I can edit it manually either in clonebd on the title selection screen or with mkvtools but it'd really be nice to just have clonebd default to the disc name as an option. Would make my life much easier.
We will think about something, that won't confuse people (some want the playlist titles, some even need them, like for episodes, others want the disc title).
Something (semi-) automatic should do.

Well maybe a drop-down selection with the option to either use disc volume name, video title name, or both.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

We will think about something, that won't confuse people (some want the playlist titles, some even need them, like for episodes, others want the disc title).
Something (semi-) automatic should do.

Thank you. That would be awesome.

Back