• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MKV files not playing on DIVX and showing 0 bit rate in Properties and other problems

BBBayud

I've tried writing various size MKV files at 1080p and 720p, using both the AC3 and AAC options as well. In all cases the files freeze on the opening frame and do not play. In the Details of the file's Properties, each shows a frame rate of zero. The files will play on a WD Media Player without a problem. I'm using the latest DIVX 10 player to view the files which works fine playing other MKV files, just not these.

For MP4, I've found the files work fine on the PC except I can't fast forward or move to another point in the file (can only watch in real time), and WD Media Player gives me an error that the audio format isn't supported even though it plays the MKV files written in the same AC3....

Suggestions welcome - thanks!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Last edited:
MKV files not playing on DIVX abd showing zero frame rate in Properties

Using the "Convert for device or into a file" option and picking "Files" - the MKV files don't play at all on the HP laptop's DIVX Player V10 - they play roughly (jittery) on my Samsung Blu-ray, and play OK in my WD Media Player. In all cases they show being zero minutes in length and won't allow use of FF, Rewind or mouse to move to another point in the file. I tried the option of pressing "ALT" at the end of the files written but don't get any option to write a file for debugging. Any thoughts on MKV settings that might work?

Same issues

Using the "Convert for device or into a file" option and picking "Files" - the MKV files don't play at all on the HP laptop's DIVX Player V10 - they play roughly (jittery) on my Samsung Blu-ray, and play OK in my WD Media Player. In all cases they show being zero minutes in length and won't allow use of FF, Rewind or mouse to move to another point in the file. I tried the option of pressing "ALT" at the end of the files written but don't get any option to write a file for debugging. Any thoughts on MKV settings that might work?

I just purchased this today after owning AnyDVD for many years. I don't have any values listed for bitrate or runtime.

After ripping BD to MKV, I normally copy these to my media server and ALWAYS see a "percentage copied" progress bar in Windows 8.1. Every movie I try to copy that has been ripped with CloneBD, it immediately goes to 99% and then says for 2 minutes until the movie is copied. Another PITA is that it appears to still copy over foreign languages, even though they are unchecked in the menu. Don't even get me started on subtitles...

Something definitely is not right here with this app.

Back