• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mission impossible original TV serie from 1970 rip but don't play

syberia81

I use anyDVD 8.6.2.0 to rip the complete mission impossible 1966-1973 original serie to my NAS. But when I try to read one of the ISO file on VLC or leawo blu-ray player, it begins to play until the langage selection screen "english, deutsch, french" and then nothing when I click of one ot the three language. Any idea with that problem? could it work with another blu-ray iso player? Which one? Thank you.

I already had this issue too. I could not select anything.
Then I just have to open the disc again, but without menus. Then it will directly play the movie, so you miss the menu. But you can then select the audio language and select or disable subs from the menu of VLC, the bar at the top.
You then miss the menu and the ability to select stuff like deletet scenes, but you can do that by going into the folder structure and opening the video files. They might be merged together, so you have to search for the right timestamp, but then you can watch the other things as well.
If you use a program like DVDShrink (not 4, 3.1 is the last proper version, 4 is a fake or another company), MakeMKV, MKVToolNix etc you can also try to extract the videos, removing the languages you don't need and sometimes (not always) you end up for seperate files for the different videos.
I haven't used CloneDVD until now, maybe this will work as well. But I once took a look and it seemed that it cannot seperate the thing I was looking for, so I ditched it (split by chapters).
Edit: The above advice was wrong as I confused it with DVDs. OP means BD instead.

Last edited:
I already had this issue too. I could not select anything.
Then I just have to open the disc again, but without menus. Then it will directly play the movie, so you miss the menu. But you can then select the audio language and select or disable subs from the menu of VLC, the bar at the top.
You then miss the menu and the ability to select stuff like deletet scenes, but you can do that by going into the folder structure and opening the video files. They might be merged together, so you have to search for the right timestamp, but then you can watch the other things as well.
If you use a program like DVDShrink (not 4, 3.1 is the last proper version, 4 is a fake or another company), MakeMKV, MKVToolNix etc you can also try to extract the videos, removing the languages you don't need and sometimes (not always) you end up for seperate files for the different videos.
I haven't used CloneDVD until now, maybe this will work as well. But I once took a look and it seemed that it cannot seperate the thing I was looking for, so I ditched it (split by chapters).
@DeepSpace I'm not sure whether this is a Blu-ray issue, or a DVD issue from the OP.

If it's a Blu-ray issue, then they're in the right thread.

If it's a DVD issue, then it's in the wrong thread.

Sorry for the delay to answer, I forgot to say that it is the blu-ray version, bought in France to have the french audio. Here is attached the anyDVD zip log file from the 29th blu-ray disc on 46 discs. I also try to read the iso file in VLC or leawo blu-ray plaver, always the same problem. It displays the language selection screen, and after I click any of the available language, nothing after that.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.0_Info_I_GE149410B29R0_79523FC2_A353F985.ziplog
    170.4 KB · Views: 3
Your region is not set. Might have something to do with that.
Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

The region setting is only important for DVDs.

I suggest you load the ISO with VirtualClone Drive. Then open VLC and select "Open file" and you drill down to \BDMV\STREAM . The biggest streams are 0004.m2ts, 0007.m2ts, 0015.m2ts and 0023.m2ts which are most likely the 4 Episodes on the disc. Try to play them.

An alternate solution could be to try the MPC-HC player instead of VLC:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Media-Player-Classic-Home-Cinema

Sometimes these players struggle with the menus. Then you have a choice between VLC and MPC-HC.

OK thank you for the answer. In VLC, I can now play directly the 4 episodes by opening directly the biggest stream. I also install MPC-HC, and samething as VLC, I can play the episodes by choosing the right mpls, but I have also no menu, alt-R for going to he menu is desactived.

Menus are tricky. If you need them then you have to get e.g. Cyberlink PowerDVD. If not you know now how to play the streams. Another option would be to activate Speedmenu in AnyDVD but most people think that it doesn't look very pretty.

Oh, I confused DVD and BD, same as my advise to use DVD Shrink etc in my first comment.
Than it would be CloneBD of course.
haha, I thought it was a DVD, too. That's why I asked for the logfile (wrong region code, read errors triggering aiscanner).
Good to know Mission Impossible TV series is available on Blu-ray! Have to put it on my shopping list.

OK thank you for the answer. In VLC, I can now play directly the 4 episodes by opening directly the biggest stream. I also install MPC-HC, and samething as VLC, I can play the episodes by choosing the right mpls, but I have also no menu, alt-R for going to he menu is desactived.
Easy solution: Use CloneBD. You can watch the discs, and you can convert the episodes to mkv for your NAS.

Easy solution: Use CloneBD. You can watch the discs, and you can convert the episodes to mkv for your NAS.
...or pick the 4 episodes and let CloneBD create a menu that VLC and MPC-HC read without any issues. Save as folder or ISO. A freebie if you don't compress the video.

Last edited:
Just my thoughts here but I never use ISO's. Even for shows where there are episodes I take the time to rip the individual episodes. Yes it is a pain initially but once done you can watch however you wish. Just my 2 cents.

Back