• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Microsoft to push IE8 as high priority update next week.

Hawk

Internet Explorer 8 is set to receive a significant market share bump next week as Microsoft begins pushing its latest browser to users who have Windows’ automatic-update feature turned on. The update process will be gradual and will appear listed as ‘high priority’ for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 users or as ‘important’ for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Although the code will be downloaded automatically, users will have to opt in to have the browser installed. Administrators who want to deploy IE8 in their own time can also block the browser’s download entirely using its Bitlocker Toolkit released in January and get it manually here. Microsoft has already pushed the final version of Internet Explorer 8 via Auto Update to customers who had installed the beta version of its browser.

Here is link http://www.techspot.com/news/34258-microsoft-to-push-ie8-as-high-priority-update-next-week.html

Don't say I didn't warn you about crappy browser ahead of time! :D

Last edited:
Don't say I didn't warn you about crappy browser ahead of time!

Well, why I completely avoided to use IE7, I now start to use IE8, when my Opera doesn't work.

IE8 is far better than IE7 and can be used.

But, when Chrome 2.0 comes out, it will beat everything, but maybe not Opera 10. Firefox is not so good. hate that one.
I'll try out Safari 4 when it comes out.

But lets not do a flame war about browsers.

Use the one you like,
BurnerHEAD

who in the world uses automatic updates....just to crazy.

just bookmark the security bulletins page from microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/updates/bulletins/default.mspx

read it on the date it says (2nd tuesday of every month) and download what you need manually. Save the updates in case you want to redo your machine later. I have completely disabled the automatic update crap. Do it yourself and learn something.

you can also download a DVD of updates (1 gig usually) in all languages for all MS OSes...perfect

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913086

BTW, I use firefox...IE cannot touch it

Last edited:
I hope Microsoft has got most of the bugs worked out of IE8, before it gets put into critical updates.

:D

We have been warned by our software provider...DO NOT INSTALL 8.0. Their software is not able to handle it correctly and crashes. We have already had a gentleman at work do it and screwed up his computer for about 6 hours until he uninstalled it.

Microsoft has history of not doing enough testing before release software to public.

Got a keep technical support busy some how! Let do this way relase buggy program to public :D

Thanks - done and dusted ;)

Great, but instead of leaving IE7 or even worse IE6 on your system, it would be better to put on IE8 and lock it, by using the Filter and Security settings, because you can't uninstall IE.
That's how I do it.

Some people have claimed to experience some odd Windows Explorer hangs after updating to IE8. I've not experienced this, myself.

I don't consider this to be an update to block or ignore. The changes made are more than just functionality in terms of general system security. Especially for those who don't really use IE8 it cannot hurt to update.

In reality, even people who dislike IE cannot completely go without it. Many programs ignore the Windows default browser setting and use IE regardless. I, personally, find this absolutely abhorrent. All software should respect the end-user's default browser setting and programmers who do not do this are lazy.

People may be able to dodge IE8 for now but I don't think Microsoft is going to allow it for long. The combination of security as well as the new competition for speed means letting people stick with anything below IE8 leaves users with a slow browser and a less secure one.

For Vista users, when Vista SP2 is released you won't have a choice about IE8.

People can do as they please, of course, but there are certain times when I believe blocking an update is simply not the best course of action. For the record, I only use IE when I am unable to render a page correctly using third-party browsers.

Last edited:
Back