• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Microsoft A Pain In The Butt Again

That would be time consuming for me, I've never used DOS prompt and I have very little experience with Diskpart, I would have to teach myself how to do that.
It's not that important that W10 work on that machine anyway, but I still may mess a round with it.
Right now it has a hybrid SSD/Standard Seagate drive in it, it may be failing, but I can't see that happening.
The MoBo is running an Intel processor so the best thing that I can do is get the chipset driver from them.

When I do a clean install I usually pull the drive an hook it up to another computer.
From there I go into disc management and delete all what's on the drive creating unallocated space.
I then leave it like that and let the install disc automatically format the drive when installing the OS.
Just formatting doesn't clean off any disk signatures which is why I always use the 'clean' option in diskpart.

As to the drive, it's quite possible it may be failing or have issues, Seagate are notorious for faulty drives (we stopped using them after getting over 30% failure rate), and I hate the hybrid drives (actually this could be what causes your system to suddenly ramp up as it stores stuff in the cache then cleans it down when he system is idle)

Just formatting doesn't clean off any disk signatures which is why I always use the 'clean' option in diskpart.

As to the drive, it's quite possible it may be failing or have issues, Seagate are notorious for faulty drives (we stopped using them after getting over 30% failure rate), and I hate the hybrid drives (actually this could be what causes your system to suddenly ramp up as it stores stuff in the cache then cleans it down when he system is idle)
I use the installation disc to format the drive after I use windows disc management on another computer to delete everything on the drive. Deleting everything first should get rid of any disk signatures ???

Thanks for the PM, I'll try it when I have a chance and let you know. (y)

Back