• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Micosoft Update Verifying Valid copy of XP LOSING Any DVD

Vonderall

Just got back from vacation and there was a ballon to update my windows XP. Done this a dozen times in the past with no problems. It stated in the update that they wanted to verify that I had a valid version XP, I said yes cause it was a good version.
AFTER THE Download and reboot, my Any DVD would not work. Messages came up that I had no DVD Drives hooked up on my computer. Said to myself OK? and downloaded the newest version of anyDVD. When I went to install, got an error message that the .dll that controls the DVD drives was not there or valid, for the slysoft software. Sooooooooooo I did a reinstate to the day before I did the new microsoft download and now everything is working fine.
ANYONE else have this problem?? Keep getting the ballon for a new update, but refuse to lose my anydvd program. Screw Microsoft ! <G>

what was the xp update for?
when it says updates ready to install-you have the express or custom option.go to custom and there should be an option that says something like not to install update and not to remind you about the update again.i cant remember how it's worded now.
there was an update for microsoft office service pack 3 or something and when i installed it outlook express wouldn't download e-mails.so i did a system restore to remove the update.when xp downloaded the update again i checked the box in custom,didn't install the update and haven't had problems since.

Are you talking about Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool update ? This has been around for some time now. If you are, I'm almost certain doing a system restore to the previous day would not remove this microsoft update.You can check in Add or Remove programs by clicking show updates box at the top.

I took this update and my os was verified with no adverse effect on anything?

Back