• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion mediainfo return old feature request

bjjones

A long while back on a HEVC d/l there was an entry in the file metadata indicating whether it was HDR (and I'm assuming if it was a DV format but I never got one and don't have an example). Did that info disappear from the stream itself or is it just not tagged anymore? It's certainly not something that's broken or needs time invested on but it'd be nice if dev could slip it back in like it used to be somewhere along the way. Thanks

old example attached, it's the line in the middle HDR format that's not present anymore

Attachments

• headerinfo.JPG
    headerinfo.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 11
A long while back on a HEVC d/l there was an entry in the file metadata indicating whether it was HDR (and I'm assuming if it was a DV format but I never got one and don't have an example). Did that info disappear from the stream itself or is it just not tagged anymore? It's certainly not something that's broken or needs time invested on but it'd be nice if dev could slip it back in like it used to be somewhere along the way. Thanks

old example attached, it's the line in the middle HDR format that's not present anymore

If you call Mediainfo from the context menu by clicking on the video file, you will see HDR formats information.
But if you see Mediainfo in a video player, HDR information will be hidden.

If you call Mediainfo from the context menu by clicking on the video file, you will see HDR formats information.
But if you see Mediainfo in a video player, HDR information will be hidden.

That screenshot is from Mediainfo itself, the HDR Format line isn't there anymore on new downloads like it used to be

I use total new mediainfo and new videorelease. Just can see hdr 10 + DoVihdr.jpg

Some HDR informations can be hidden due to wrong muxing. You can test remux the video again use to mkvmerge.

I use total new mediainfo and new videorelease. Just can see hdr 10 + DoVi/QUOTE]

I'm using the latest Mediainfo v22.0.9 and those lines don't show up, not sure what new videorelease is ?

Dont know where your problem. I have too MediaInfo 22.09 and i can see a hdr informatin corectly. You are sure your video really HDR ? Is likely to be 2160p.
I also saw the mistake that HDR information was hidden, but mkv remux always solved the problem. I'm not sure MP4 container supports HDR correctly, Probably yes, but idk well.
Sorry i cant help you :sick:

I finally took the job and i remux Mp4 file to mkv container. And here the result. Two mediainfo for the same file , only the container changed.

mp4 vs mkv.jpg

Here is simply seen that MP4 container does not show HDR info.

But what is important TV sees HDR correctly regardless of the type of container

Last edited:
@oldaa Thanks for taking the time to look into it. But, a MP4 container "can" hold that info and this pretty much confirms what I thought, that something changed in AS or what AS is getting served along the way and now it's not being flagged in the media metadata info like it used to be. Here's the example I was looking at, same movie same provider, same settings, same Mediainfo version both saved in the usual MP4 that AS saves.. the video itself comes out exactly the same (I was only getting it again to add subtitles). Movie's the Matrix. Not sure why after a remux it gets flagged but that's probably the program that you're remuxing it with adding it in when it rebuilds the MKV header info. A big problem with changing from MP4 to MKV is that the timed text tx3g embedded subtitles that AS stores aren't valid in MKV containers so they get converted to a format that is allowable and usually get messed up, usually too big.

old file Mediainfo - from the file date of 09/21 probably AS 1.2.1.0 or 1.2.2.0

old.JPG

new file Mediainfo -

new.JPG

Back