• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Write Error

I also have the latest verison of ANYDVD HD and CLONEDVD2.
Up until the last couple of updates from SlySoft I had no problems.
Now all I get are Media Write Errors telling me that my media is bad, so i visit this any many other forums looking for answers and I find many others having the same problems, so i read and read and read, and do all of the suggestions that the kind folks on these forums tell everyone to do.

Update firmware on DVD drive
uninstall anydvd HD and clonedvd2
reboot computer
install updated version of anydvd and clonedvd2
reboot computer again
buy different blank media

Out come: Media Write Errors media is bad

Oh sorry I forgot something I was able to backup two dvds about two weeks ago. I used a program called (end it all) and this program was able to show me what was running in the background of my computer. At that time it was Powerdvd running on my computer, so you should google this program and see whats running in the background of your computer.

Anyway getting back to my current problem ( Media Write Errors media is bad)
After getting totally frustrated I was reading another forum and found a post that someone had replied to, telling a person that had submitted a post about
( Media Write Errors media is bad ) about a different software that I downloaded and was able to backup my dvd without ( Media Write Errors ).

I'm not going to say what the program is, I don't believe it would be right to do that on this forum. But the next time you try backing up a dvd and you receive a Bad Media Write Error click on the detail button copy and paste in a search engine and just surf all the different forums and you will find the program.

All I can say about anydvd HD and clonedvd2 is there are problems that need to be resolved.

smokejumper said:
.....All I can say about anydvd HD and clonedvd2 is there are problems that need to be resolved.....
@ smokejumper,

Before assuming that the AnyDVD/CloneDVD software programs are actually causing your Media Write Error problem suggest providing information on pertinent items such as your particular DVD Burner and the Media you are using that could be causing your problem.

What is the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the particular undisclosed Media that is giving you your Media Write Error.

What is the Manufacturer Name/Model Number/Firmware Version of your undisclosed DVD Burner?

If you are unaware of how to obtain the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the particular undisclosed Media suggest using a software utility program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com)

Regards,
Coaster

All I can say about anydvd HD and clonedvd2 is there are problems that need to be resolved.

Not in terms of media write errors . . .

In 90% of these cases, the choice of blank media is poor, other installed programs are causing conflicts, or the individual needs to use standard/default (or has corrupt) busmaster drivers.

Back